Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

QOTD: What are your thoughts on all the skins released to date?

mixed?
cool looking? just curious on this one cuz i got last months skin pack <.>
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• Options
    I recently bought this month's winter themed pack and I like it, specially since I prefer winter above all seasons. I may buy some more cosmetics in later months if I find something to my liking.
  • Options
    They're fine, as long as anything obtainable in-game is on par, I don't have an issue.
  • Options
    I am absolutely loving all the Whale bait, I get to watch as Intrepid harpoons and reels them all in so I can have delicious blubber nuggets to eat.

ULxBMXq.jpg
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I think the skins look great, but I just haven't seen "the one", yet. But, I'm confident, given the quality of what's being produced, that I'll find it.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    priomhpriomh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A bunch of them look really great, I held off early on but I wish I had snagged a few more while I could have.
    I've really been looking for stuff that looks very unique, like the Thundering Bolt Beast and the Scintillarrium.

Went all-in on the Aug 2020 pack with the snorse of course! And I've really enjoyed some items out of the recent packs more than some of the older ones. Picked up the Fox of the Pyre and Flamefin Frigate from Sept 2020 and a lot from the Oct 2020 pack because I love Autumn.

I do really wish that the costumes were not entire cosmetic appearances though. I'd love to mix and match with pieces, even if it was just helmets.
  • Options
    Fire good, ice meh

Wish the outfits came in pieces that could be changed around. I know some of them aren’t made for it, but there’s no reason a robe can’t be separate from the gloves, or from the hat. Lost potential there.
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    too many.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I find it funny. The players who tend to buy most of those things, at least post-launch. Are Roleplayers. But I fear the amount of Roleplay in the game will be lacking. There are no real in-game flags that help you pick the right server. Most games that have you find one via something like Reddit, never really have an RP scene when I check.

I really hope to be proven wrong with this. But yea, the amount of cosmetics you can buy seems almost akin to f2p. And I'll purchase them only if I really like them. Or, of course for Roleplay.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Now that I have invested in the snail boi. I keep looking at the skins every month. Hoping for something I like. I have not seen anything that has really caught my eye as a must have skin for my character. I am not really looking for a specific style. I know what I would want to wear when I see it.

Worst case scenario I don't use a skin, which is fine. I actually looked at all of the past skins to see if I feel like I am really missing out on something special. I am happy to report that I just don't see anything that I want.
    That being said, they all look good. Just nothing that makes me have to have it.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've loved the vast majority and as such have bought a large portion of them. I mainly do it because I found in games like Guild Wars 2 I could swap my outfits so I couldn't be targeted as easily.
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Now that I have invested in the snail boi. I keep looking at the skins every month. Hoping for something I like. I have not seen anything that has really caught my eye as a must have skin for my character. I am not really looking for a specific style. I know what I would want to wear when I see it.

Worst case scenario I don't use a skin, which is fine. I actually looked at all of the past skins to see if I feel like I am really missing out on something special. I am happy to report that I just don't see anything that I want.
    That being said, they all look good. Just nothing that makes me have to have it.

I've pretty much had the same, I've always preferred something simple. Nothing too flashy.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    /
    Signature-member.gif
  • Options
    MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I got the cosmetic I wanted. But now I just want them to put more incentives other than cosmetics into the shop for us to buy. Not really interested in any more other than a few pieces from new sets like the Frost Gauntlet.
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the skins and wonder how they will look combined togethere in the final game
    Signature-member.gif
  • Options
    BehagueBehague Member
    edited December 2020
    They all look great and most importantly, there is a great degree of designs. The variety of options really piqued my interest. I found out about AoC mid 2019, and just a few months later, after deciding on Empyrean, the Groves of Slumbering Shade released, so I got that set.

Seeing the 3D renders of the Sootheroot Satchel and Servant of the Soil I was thoroughly impressed, but was a little let down by size of the Stag of the Boughs, as the artwork made it look like it would be on a grander scale than your standard Deer. Now, I'm most looking forward to seeing the Titanbark Mail.

Would've bought the set containing the Protectors Armor had I known about AoC sooner.