Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

QOTD: what do you think of animals that could help you with QOL?

sort of like little buddies to pick up coins from your enemies?
and do you think little systems like that should go more in depth and provide more benefits?
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If they can come up with enough marginally useful things that different animals could do, and then allow us to only use one, I could go for something like this.

Just gives Animal Husbandry something to do other than mounts.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I still just want to know what "sacrifice" will come from player power when using these things.

Not sure I really want them to pick up items for me. FFXIV has a system where there are hidden interactions with minions. When some minions are close together or are targeted by a specific emote. They will respond with a unique animation. Multiple Moogles in close proximity will start dancing in a circle together. There are certain ones that fight each other when near by. This kind of stuff is just fun polish that is not necessary, but would be cool to see if the animation team is having a slow week.

Maybe using them as bags would make sense. So long as they drop loot too when you are red.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have seen some pet systems like this in other mmo's a lot of people don't like going and hitting buttons to collect loot. (lazy people lol) but that being said after enough days/weeks/months i could see a drain on it a bit. So you get a snazzy little helper who gathers the loot. It sounds like a not bad idea, I would enjoy a cosmetically pleasing little friend to follow around and help gather loot. But that being said it may also cause more trouble then its worth. People would just form farming groups and use their pets and take up a large area at least when you have to gather it yourself you have to actively move around to different spots nearby. Depending on respawn timer of mobs you can just sit in one place and spam skills to kill then let it gather. I dunno. I am hopeful minions or pets will have interaction and behave when a lot gather or just meet new ones. Id be interested to see what steven thinks in this regard for far down the road.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I definitely do not like how in game pets have just become cosmetic but I also don't want them to just be a way to make the game more of an autoRPG. I want to be able to look at the loot and decide what I want. When I kill someone for their loot, I may not want all of it.

@Vhaeyne I never played FFXIV passed the first launch when it flopped HARD and forced players to take a break after 2 hours. I would have enjoyed seeing unique events when certain pets are target or near. That would be awesome!