Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Transmog toggle option in the settings tab

For many now adays transmogification is a big part of what they like in the mmorpg scene. but there is alot of us who simply dont and would like to be able to see the actual gear people has obtained and use. i suggest a toggle option in the settings tab similar to the way you can hide your Helm or cloak in World of warcraft. this way everyone is happy and have the option to either see transmogs or not.
For me personally it adds to the immersive feeling and wanting to explore more and know where they have gotten their gear. rather than seeing someone in fluffy bunny ears but infact they are using a very very hard to obtain helmet from a tough boss.
also adding furthur to the social aspect of asking others where they got their items etc.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    This is something I asked for a few years ago, and the general answer from Intrepid is that they want people that spend money in the cash shop on appearance items to know that others are seeing them.

As such, there are no plans right now for a toggle like this.
  • Options
    MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    At least they plan on making high end gear look awesome, so maybe someone would want to sport that rather than every piece a cosmetic from the shop.

Also have to remember they aren't going to make skimpy bunny outfits. They are keeping it close to the games fantasy theme for the inevitable future. (Hopefully)
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Please also remember that Intrepid is putting in the effort to make these outfits. Why would they want to give the option of not seeing their wonderful creations?
  • Options
    Please also remember that Intrepid is putting in the effort to make these outfits. Why would they want to give the option of not seeing their wonderful creations?

it would only be fair for the players who dont enjoy transmogificatin, and i know a simple answer would be "then simply dont play" but unfortunatly majority of MMorpgs today is loaded with cosmetics/transmog and none of them offer the option to hide it. wich would only be fair for everyone.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    This is something I asked for a few years ago, and the general answer from Intrepid is that they want people that spend money in the cash shop on appearance items to know that others are seeing them.

As such, there are no plans right now for a toggle like this.

Hm, i am a little dissapointed over this ngl, i hope they come to change their view on it and understand that some of us simply want to play and feel like the gear we use and see is the gear we have equipped.
  • Options
    Michael wrote: »
    At least they plan on making high end gear look awesome, so maybe someone would want to sport that rather than every piece a cosmetic from the shop.

Also have to remember they aren't going to make skimpy bunny outfits. They are keeping it close to the games fantasy theme for the inevitable future. (Hopefully)

the bunny ear reference was just an overexaggerated example. but that aside it would still be nice if the option was there. its not too much to ask for i feel and it would make people happy, i get that loads of people enjoy transmog farming or changing to look cool etc. so im not saying to remove transmogification. im simply asking to let the people who dont to have the option. and if people who buy stuff dont like that then its clear that people simply cant meet in the middle and we would have to hope for a future game where transmogification simply isnt a thing.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's going to be an interesting dynamic if AoC gives out lots of free costmetics and heaps of people use purchase cosmetic items.
    There are people who are purists when it comes to cosmetics, and that's part of what makes them unique compared to other people who doll up.

It can get pretty boring late game when all the mages look the same.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    I paid $5 for this bunny tail, and you're gonna look at it!
    /wink
  • Options
    I really like to dress up my character. When I play WoW I change my outfit almost every week, sometimes every day. I can literally sit and cycle through the vast collections of gear looks and just customize away.
    I have a look for different elements, outfits that make me look like different classes, and outfits that appeal to my sense of style and love of certain colors. It is a whole game in itself to stylize and work with 'my look'.

That is just what I do. I don't expect that little niche of the game to appeal to everyone like it does me. When I make my looks I am keeping my viewer in mind. I want you to see all my hard work.
    *sigh*
    But truth is I have been through this discussion on the EQNext forums and on the Pantheon Forums. I am going to side with the switch that turns transmogs/glamour on or off so people can decide if they want to participate. I like the old EQ feel when you get a piece of gear and it being worn is a symbol of status and a story of adventure and victory. I think at this point transmog/glamour is not a make or break point for me.
  • Options
    I like the concept of the great hero dressed down as a vagabond, travelling monk or ordinary merchant. Disguised as a nobody, underestimated by all.

Strider, the dangerous looking ranger.
    Ben Kenobi, the crazy old hermit.
    Bumblebee, the old yellow VW Beetle.

The guy in the level 10-20 tier gear picking mushrooms over there. An easy looking target to some. A waste of time for others. A surprise to all if attacked.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !