Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Archetype vs. Class visual differences?

MiinstrelMiinstrel Member
edited December 2020 in Support & FAQ
Will it be possible to look at a player's model and determine their specific class? All *primary* archetypes will have the same general appearance, but will a cleric/cleric (high priest) be visually distinguishable from a cleric/summoner (shaman)?

Or will this detail only be identifiable from the visual changes to their abilities when they take their second archetype?

Comments

• Options
    I believe people will have icons as well as text telling you what class combo they are.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character#Nameplate
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Everyone can wear any armor and any weapon. A Mage/Mage could roleplay as a tank with sword&shield together with plate armor.
    Crafters can also change the armors stats, making it possible to give that equipment the right stats for a mage.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi miinstrel

As Leiloni said, the plan is to have information on character nameplates with that character's level, class combo and gear type.

I hope that answers your question, so I'm going to move this thread to the Support section and close it. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.