Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan System

ZaiusZaius Member
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Hi everyone.

I want to talk about the Caravan System and as a Silkroad Online vet. i have some question about this system.
Silkroad Online is one of the most under rated MMORPG out there. The only reason why i dont play it anymore is because
the pay to win side of it, is pure hell. But the Game System is one of the best i experienced. I tryed many games but non of the others realy get me to put more Time in it. Thats why i am so intrested in Ashes of Creation. To buil in a Caravan System is the the best desision that Intrepid made for this game. It brings greate PvP Content to the game that cam make it adictive.

So my Question is, Will there be Diguises like in Silkroad bound to an Alias Name, so others dont know who you are?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As far as im aware this will not be in ashes

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravans
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    That would Bring big tension to the player politics, what mean a lot of fun.

Talking about Thief, Hunter and Trader Guilds. Notorius Thiefs...legendary Hunters ....

• Options
    I mean we dont have much info on the guilds so maybe they could do something but info is very thin on that
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Well in Silkroad it is independend of a Guild. It is a Job. And you can build Guilds around those Jobs.
  • Options
    ZaiusZaius Member
    edited December 2020
    But in AOC it would be enogh to have a cosmetic Item to disguise as a thief bound to a Name Alias.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I meant guilds in-game not the player based ones

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_organizations
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I see. So a base for this Concept dose exist in AOC. Just have to insert a few more.^^
  • Options
    can't see it happening.

Ashes want to encourage you to make enemies and rivalries. Hiding the names of the people robbing would be counterintuitive
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want you to know that it was me who destroyed your caravan and took your things. That's part of the fun. Even when people say they don't like roleplayers, you're definitely going to be roleplaying a bit in AOC : ).
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    I want you to know that it was me who destroyed your caravan and took your things. That's part of the fun. Even when people say they don't like roleplayers, you're definitely going to be roleplaying a bit in AOC : ).

I mean just look at the forums most of the times roleplaying is happening
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    Even when people say they don't like roleplayers, you're definitely going to be roleplaying a bit in AOC : ).

Anyone who gives their character any name other than their own, is role-playing even just a tiny bit. We intelligent few just like to take it a bit further! Hehehe B)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I think 'reputation' is going to be an important factor in AoC.

If someone is constantly roaming around killing others while gathering... Word of their name is going to get out and become known by others for those actions.

Same will be true for constantly attacking Caravans along X-route between nodes. Actions/Decisions have consequences in Ashes of Creation. Good or Bad. And your reputation amongst fellow inhabitants of Verra are one such consequence.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    ZaiusZaius Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes, i understand this and i also like roleplay. its big fun. The thing is that if you attack a caravan in aoc you get the pk mark and can be attacked by every one. The result of this is that you as an thief have the rest of the server against you. it is okay for me havign a high dificulty in that. but you will se low activity at thiefing except when you have a real big patrty to do this.
  • Options
    Zaius wrote: »
    Yes, i understand this and i also like roleplay. its big fun. The thing is that if you attack a caravan in aoc you get the pk mark and can be attacked by every one. The result of this is that you as an thief have the rest of the server against you. it is okay for me havign a high dificulty in that. but you will se low activity at thiefing except when you have a real big patrty to do this.

you don't become attackable to everyone, no.
    You should read up on that once more on the wiki
  • Options
    The thing is that if you attack a caravan in aoc you get the pk mark and can be attacked by every one.

This is incorrect.
    Caravan battles and Castle Sieges are sanctioned PvP events and aren't subject to the Corruption system.

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Options
    okay...so if it is so, we will have a lot of fun. this will make the game one of the best ^^
  • Options
    Lore DynamicLore Dynamic Member
    edited December 2020
    this will make the game one of the best ^^

FACT.

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL