Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Skill customisation

I dont know about others, but ive always wanted to customise my skills animation, and maybe play with the skill elements and features... speci6 for mage sort of classes... I dont think this is possible but it would be cool to have different animation to choose from at least

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The augmentation system will alter this to some degree.
    Check the wiki. They said you can choose various looks depending on what path you choose. Frost , fire , electricity so forth.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I wouldn't be surprised if new spell animations and effects eventually make it on to the cash shop.

Path of Exile do this, and they are - in my opinion - the most worthwhile cosmetics to purchase.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wouldn't care as long as they don't adjust the times that the spell is cast. If it is purely cosmetic, by all means keep making the money to support our game haha. There is definitely going to be some unique feels with the augmentation of your abilities.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if new spell animations and effects eventually make it on to the cash shop.

Path of Exile do this, and they are - in my opinion - the most worthwhile cosmetics to purchase.

weren't they part of the Kickstarter?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    weren't they part of the Kickstarter?

There was a set of some, yes.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

PoE is an example of evil genius thinking. It’s a fun, completely free game but if you don’t pay for cosmetics you literally look like a hobo who went dumpster diving and put together gear from random bits of trash. Which given the storyline of being banished to the wilderness and washing up after a shipwreck, makes total sense.

They sure got my money because it got old playing Crazy Earl with his broken baseball bat facing hordes of monsters.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    You will be according to the kickstarter. So theoretically your fireball as a mage could be changed colors and maybe particle effects.
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    it got old playing Crazy Earl with his broken baseball bat facing hordes of monsters.

To be honest, that sounds pretty darn awesome......
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

PoE is an example of evil genius thinking. It’s a fun, completely free game but if you don’t pay for cosmetics you literally look like a hobo who went dumpster diving and put together gear from random bits of trash. Which given the storyline of being banished to the wilderness and washing up after a shipwreck, makes total sense.

They sure got my money because it got old playing Crazy Earl with his broken baseball bat facing hordes of monsters.

Black Desert also does that and people hate them for it.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Leiloni wrote: »

Black Desert also does that and people hate them for it.

It worked for PoE (the way they did it) because they made a game that was absolutely free to play. You could experience the full game without paying a cent.

It is perfectly reasonable to leave characters looking sub-par and offering improvements via a cash shop if the entire game is free.

BDO isn't free.