Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pet deterioration

Will pets also have a deterioration to them or a limit to how much they can be repaired (healed) like weapons do? Or will they be an exception?

Comments

• Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Are you saying Fluffy.. is going to die?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    pyreal wrote: »

Yes but that's a good thing undead pets are the best
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »
    Will pets also have a deterioration to them or a limit to how much they can be repaired (healed) like weapons do? Or will they be an exception?

I wouldn't have thought they'll deteriorate. Just like your character won't.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought they'll deteriorate. Just like your character won't.

One would think that but they already made an exception to specific mounts which makes me wonder if the same applies to pets.
  • Options
    Gear doesn't have a limit to the amount of times you can repair it. Not sure where you picked that up.

They might very well have a deterioration system similar to gear durability in order to keep the Animal Hubandry and Taming professions relevant long-term. Instead of durability you have to repair you might have hunger, which you combat by feeding it.

I dont think we have a definitive answer on that though.
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Gear doesn't have a limit to the amount of times you can repair it. Not sure where you picked that up.

They might very well have a deterioration system similar to gear durability in order to keep the Animal Hubandry and Taming professions relevant long-term. Instead of durability you have to repair you might have hunger, which you combat by feeding it.

I dont think we have a definitive answer on that though.

You’re right about the repairs for weapons, I just misread the wiki about repairing items. My bad.
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

I bet you loved the pet cemetery sematary..
  • Options
    Sum12hate wrote: »

Just be careful on the roads.....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sum12hate wrote: »

It scared the shit out of me when I first saw it :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace