Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Castle Wars ?

I never heard if this'll be a possibility in the future or if other people already suggested this or I dont have any intention of asking you guys what to do, I just want to suggest if this has not been suggested yet, or it already did, I havent found any or heard any from streams. so here i go..

I wanna ask if castle vs castle is a thing here, i know node wars and gvg are included but I know there's like 5 castles max here in this game, and my example is lets say castle A have 10 nodes around it, castle B has 10 nodes as well, is there going to be a case where castle A can declare war to castle B to gain more resource or something ? the idea here is Castle A with Nodes 1-10 vs Castle B with Nodes 1-10 would engage in a war to get a larger world they own or something like that.

Comments

• Options
    The scenario you point out likely wouldn't be directly related to Castle A declaring war on Castle B for example since the castle and node system do not declare wars individuals do. However there would be the possibility for a single alliance to control multiple castles and node(s) through mayors.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    so castle vs castle is not a thing yet? its only a guild declaring war against the castle owner, yeah?
  • Options
    Yes that's how I understand it. Politically it would likely be understood if a current castle alliance declared war on another one and could be viewed as "Castle A vs Castle B" so to speak but the Castle itself is more of a static system.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    Chizu wrote: »
    I wanna ask if castle vs castle is a thing here, i know node wars and gvg are included but I know there's like 5 castles max here in this game, and my example is lets say castle A have 10 nodes around it, castle B has 10 nodes as well, is there going to be a case where castle A can declare war to castle B to gain more resource or something ? the idea here is Castle A with Nodes 1-10 vs Castle B with Nodes 1-10 would engage in a war to get a larger world they own or something like that.

From the wiki

Guild castles influence a castle region around them.[6]
    • A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.[7]
    • Castle region boundaries are static.[8]

So no Castle wars to expand territory. Sorry.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It seems possible for a guild that owns a castle to sign up to siege another castle. I can't find a restriction. I also haven't seen a restriction on one guild owning two castles. That effectively means expanding the lands for the castle guild in control. However, since development of defenses is intended to require more than one guild for each siege cycle, one guild owning 2+ castles would require a lot of coordination and support between allied guilds.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Castle_sieges
  • Options
    However, since development of defenses is intended to require more than one guild for each siege cycle, one guild owning 2+ castles would require a lot of coordination and support between allied guilds.

Yeah, from what I've read, my expectation is that the siege weeks will be the same for each castle, so they'll all be sieged at the same time. So a guild would either have to spread out ridiculously thin and risk losing everything, defend one and lose any additional castles, or have a monstrous amount of allied guilds who don't mind playing second fiddle.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/