Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Older Game Music. Maybe Buy the Rights, to?

Oh, there's *SO* much game-music already out there from previous years' gaming. What would you guys think of buying it?

Easter eggs are fun - but moreso when a player doesn't even realize that they are experiencing an easter egg, until the moment of! What if the Siege-Battle music from Lords of the Realm II kicked on - sometimes - at the start of an AoC siege?

Yours truly is just saying: Would recycled music be good or bad, for a high-fantasy hack-and-slash? Yours truly would think it to be an element of great entertainment to find some of the classic games' music in AoC at certain moments; That nostalgia would be yet another element of my MMO to brag about, over others' MMOs!

Comments

• Options
    I think creating a unique identity is AOC’s selling point at least to me and I believe having a diverse and original soundtrack is deeply intertwined with this. Just solely for identity purposes I would rather have the game utilise it’s own soundtracks as opposed to spending resources on acquiring the Dragonborn theme :p in saying this if the music doesn’t stand out and can truly be perceived as original unless heard before than I don’t see much of a problem just as long is it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb for the sake of nostalgia
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just put on whatever music I want when ever I want. No need for intrepid to waste money on this stuff. A lot of old game music would not be fore sale for this use case, or could be over priced.

An example would be that I would listen to the Morrowind OST when playing Darkfall Online a lot. I just thought that sound track fit that games aesthetic well.

It is not like we live in the 80s and early 90s where it would be too much of a stress on your PC to run a game and a music player at the same time.

I am excited about Bear McCreary's sound track bringing a unique identify to the game, but eventually I will get board of it and put my own play lists on anyways.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    If a game's music is good enough, I'll likely want to listen to it again and again. But not in a different game. Each game should have its own music.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/