Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Items Profitability, Economy System suggestions.

nneatnneat Member
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hello i've been thinking about what was getting lost in the MMORPG genre for about 10+ years like many of you, and since we are dogs looking for a bone, i have some suggestion about the profitability of all kinds of items in-game, and about the game economy in general.
First, for me one of the fundamental things in a good immersive mmorpg is a strong solid economy system.
I believe Steven said all items will be tradable, make it very difficult to get, i mean, cool materials, gear, recipes with a very low chance of drop 0.01% to 0.1% but make these items worth the farm, they are needed by a lot of people in large quantities even if you don't use you can make money with it and we as players feel our time wasted farming them was worth.
Make monsters/collectables very unique from the region they're spawned, people like to travel to farm something that only drops in that kind of place.
In-game people should be talking like:
"Hey guys, lets farm x item from x monster that only spawns at x region with some luck we can get x recipe from them as well and theres x materials to gather arround their spawns, what'd you all think? seems profitable? its far from where we are but look at the price they are now at the auction house."
For me, thats something a mmo MUST have, farm money lets you merge into the world more deeper, to have plans on doing things for gold, its the economy that drivens the game, the guilds start their rivalry to be the best geared, with the best tatics and most territory. even if you are not leveling up you're making money that will be useful later.
I believe you guys already have plans like this and i think thats one of the most important things forgotten today to have a immersive game, for players stay for years playing and not that 3 month experience usual, if you ally this with your pk/bounty systems everytime we log into this game would be fun and a unique experience, trying to survive while making money and progressing each day in the game :)
Thanks for reading the long text, and sorry about my english im from Brazil.

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Support to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    RyoukaRyouka Member
    edited January 2021
    nneat wrote: »
    Hello i've been thinking about what was getting lost in the MMORPG genre for about 10+ years like many of you, and since we are dogs looking for a bone, i have some suggestion about the profitability of all kinds of items in-game, and about the game economy in general.
    First, for me one of the fundamental things in a good immersive mmorpg is a strong solid economy system.
    I believe Steven said all items will be tradable, make it very difficult to get, i mean, cool materials, gear, recipes with a very low chance of drop 0.01% to 0.1% but make these items worth the farm, they are needed by a lot of people in large quantities even if you don't use you can make money with it and we as players feel our time wasted farming them was worth.
    Make monsters/collectables very unique from the region they're spawned, people like to travel to farm something that only drops in that kind of place.
    In-game people should be talking like:
    "Hey guys, lets farm x item from x monster that only spawns at x region with some luck we can get x recipe from them as well and theres x materials to gather arround their spawns, what'd you all think? seems profitable? its far from where we are but look at the price they are now at the auction house."
    For me, thats something a mmo MUST have, farm money lets you merge into the world more deeper, to have plans on doing things for gold, its the economy that drivens the game, the guilds start their rivalry to be the best geared, with the best tatics and most territory. even if you are not leveling up you're making money that will be useful later.
    I believe you guys already have plans like this and i think thats one of the most important things forgotten today to have a immersive game, for players stay for years playing and not that 3 month experience usual, if you ally this with your pk/bounty systems everytime we log into this game would be fun and a unique experience, trying to survive while making money and progressing each day in the game :)
    Thanks for reading the long text, and sorry about my english im from Brazil.

I would agree to this, and as long as its not pay2win the game would really last! You can call a server that its lively when its game economy is booming like you see people trading, selling and buying in every corner, of course selling of items($) is part of the game so let people do what they want to do with their farmed items after all its their long hours of hard work obtaining them. Also give people the choice to enable or disable viewing of characters equipment, seeing someone with proper equipment would discourage other to fight in duel or pvp and its boring when you see people running!

For people behind the game we know well its business which means you need to earn a profit, we also know that running a server would cost a lot specially the employee wages.

P.S. I played a lot of MMORPG since 2001, even run my own private server for 2 years!
  • Options
    nneatnneat Member
    edited January 2021
    Ryouka wrote: »
    Yea man, not that path they want you to follow with shit quest lines to bring 10 claws, its the path you carve with your friends, based on supply and demand for the market, in order to progress the game you need to farm more and more money and that needs to be hard, you're gonna need at least a plan on how to do it, how much of time you take to farm X quantity, its profitable or its better to kill another monster that you can kill faster and drops cheaper stuff but you can farm more quantity etc.
    Farmed Items NEEDs to be important, needs to be rare, needs to be tradable and needs a demand for them, all kinds of them.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good News @nneat,

Nearly every system in the game is attached to the economy. I think the only real exception to this is the religion system, which gives side grade gear for advancement. AOC uses the lineage2 philosophy for items, where nearly nothing is bound, and every crafting material can be used to make higher tier versions of themselves. This stabilizes the value of materials across all level ranges. Nearly everything is useful, and has value at endgame.

It looks to me like the game will have a great economy. I see a hybrid between EVE and Lineage 2 when I look at the systems in place. This is one of the most exciting parts of AOC to me.

Like you said, a good economy is the difference between people playing for 3 months and years.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Good News @nneat,

Nearly every system in the game is attached to the economy. I think the only real exception to this is the religion system, which gives side grade gear for advancement. AOC uses the lineage2 philosophy for items, where nearly nothing is bound, and every crafting material can be used to make higher tier versions of themselves. This stabilizes the value of materials across all level ranges. Nearly everything is useful, and has value at endgame.

It looks to me like the game will have a great economy. I see a hybrid between EVE and Lineage 2 when I look at the systems in place. This is one of the most exciting parts of AOC to me.

Like you said, a good economy is the difference between people playing for 3 months and years.

Thats good, i know most of us don't have the time we had playing on childhood, to farm a lot, all the day grinding stuff, but yea progression must to be hard in all senses or we don't feel much satisfaction after getting stronger/money.
    my idea on this post was just to emphasize those things, the real value of items you know, Korean mmorpgs has forgotten this for a very long time, they just want quick money p2w features.
    Old Ragnarok/l2/RF players know what im talking about, how good was having hours spent with friends feeling good in a living world.