Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will Ashes of creation have it's own card game like wow or the Witcher does?

So i love card games. I used to play yugioh a lot back in the day and used to collect pokemon cards when i was a kid. It would be cool if AOC had its own card game that we could play in taverns or our houses. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    BehagueBehague Member
    edited January 2021
    I thought you meant irl. I think there will be? One of the kickstarter goals was to have in tavern games of chance I think.
  • Options
    It was a suggestion in the Tavern Games thread a while back. But it'd take a lot of time and investment to make it worth playing.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Yahtzee for gold, 2 players get a score and lower score owes the higher score the difference.
  • Options
    The fact that I couldn't challenge the Wild Hunt to a game of Gwent to win the game is still the biggest missed opportunity in the franchise.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    It was a suggestion in the Tavern Games thread a while back. But it'd take a lot of time and investment to make it worth playing.

Worthwhile investment, considering they want to expand into other game types at one point, including table tops and card games.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This would be lovely! I wouldn't mind if it came out much later though so it could be more fleshed out. And then the possibility of turning those cards into physical merch...ooooo baby
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The fact that I couldn't challenge the Wild Hunt to a game of Gwent to win the game is still the biggest missed opportunity in the franchise.
    My Northern deck would destroy them.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

Worthwhile investment, considering they want to expand into other game types at one point, including table tops and card games.

Absolutely, and there are hundreds of us who'd love to help them with it!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Why play an MMO for a card game within a game? Let's focus on actual content. Have a separate UI/UX team create this on an app instead or outsource an agency to create it for Intrepid. Let's not take actual developers time on an in-game card game... When again, it could just be released on an app instead...
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lets release the game first please.
  • Options
    yes please, maybe as an added feature after release
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
  • Options
    Lets have texas hold em.
  • Options
    DrPlague wrote: »
    Lets have texas hold em.

I second this. Also perhaps Blackjack. Maybe chess?
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    If they ever made one after release with a separate dev team, I think it would be great for the two teams to work together and implement some basic crossover functionality.

One thing I always thought would be fun in WoW is a table at major inns/taverns where you can take a seat and play a baseline version of hearthstone. Not with all the bits and bobs, but maybe with pre-made decks or something? One for each class primary class? Just a little way to pass the time if you don’t feel like physical action or want to role play with more than simple dice games.
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I'd like an in-game version of that, collect cards from all over the world :3
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif