Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some Questions

Hello !
I found out about this game just a few days ago and I'm quite hyped ๐Ÿ˜ But there are a few things I wonder about.
So here are my questions.
1. Is it possible to play without a guild/mostly solo ? I don't have that much time to play and mostly I like to
explore, twink and enjoy the story.
2. Will there be a specific Roleplay-Server for people who like to be "in character" ?
3. Will there be a specific server for people who don't want to to much PVP ? ๐Ÿ˜…

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    1. Imo that's opinion based. In my opinion, to get the most out of the game you need to be in a guild, otherwise, you miss out on a lot of content. Now, sure you can play the game solo, but you won't be able to do quite a bit of the content.
    2/3. There aren't any different server types, every server is the same. So no, there is no RP server and no PvE server.

There'll almost certainly be an unofficial RP server that the community decides on closer to launch, there's already an Ashes RP Discord Server for example, but the server won't be marked as an RP server by Intrepid.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    BehagueBehague Member
    edited January 2021
    1. They've said you can play solo, if you want to just be a vendor or a gatherer or any range of things you can just do that. Without a guild I think you'll struggle to take advantage of everything the game offers.
    2/3. Nope. I also dont like PVP, but this mmo seems to be a, "as much as you want" instead of a "get what your given" PvP experience. RP all ya like.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello !
    Will there be a specific server for people who don't want to to much PVP ? ๐Ÿ˜…

PvP is an integral part of the game itself. It wonโ€™t be the main focus unless you want it to be, but it wonโ€™t be something you can avoid either. You may be able to limit your involvement in PvP by staying away from certain areas and activities, and it likely wonโ€™t be forced on you very often. But it is part of the game. You had better be open to it now and then at least, or you wonโ€™t be happy with the game.
    ย 
    Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    You can play solo, but you will need to interact with other players for some things, like items, crafting, etc.
    You can't do all content without other people, so your possibility to experience some part of the game might be hindered.

No special servers, either PvE or RP, server is just a server, inside of them you might find people that RP or not.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to the Ashes Community!

Regarding your questions:
    1. At least to some degree, though it is recommended to find some people you can trust and play with.
    2. There wont be seperate Roleplaying servers.
    3. No there wont be seperate PvP/PvE servers. That would undermine one of the biggest gaming mechanics.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    The honest answer is that you will find it challenging to play the way you describe.
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your answers. ๐Ÿ˜ŠI'll have a look on this game anyway. It looks amazing. If I spend years there I will find out ๐Ÿ˜Š Maybe I find the right guild with people who also don't have that much time ๐Ÿ˜‰