Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Poll "Wich class/classes do you want to play?"

Which class are you most interested in?

I know it's difficult to decide, because we don't have precise information about the individual classes...

- Link to the Poll
https://strawpoll.com/3a5a9ug5w

- Link to the class list
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ashesofcreation/images/6/69/Ashesofcreationclasslist-1040x644.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171216001347

Comments

• Options
    CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm almost certainly going to be a Cleric of some sort, probably a Scryer. Started wow in 04 as a priest and it's something that's stuck with me ever since.
  • Options
    Necromancer
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Archiwizard
    hawkeye
    Paladin
    Guardian
    Weapon Master.
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As it stands the only class I can decisively say that I WILL play is the High Priest because I ALWAYS heal in MMO's. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I will eventually run with some sort of tank and support class. I typically don't choose DPS because it doesn't normally suit my play style BUT this game could very well change that. :wink:
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Depending on how they feel during beta originally been leaning towards Cleric (specifically High Priest), but if the Bard feels good might switch to that. I'll most definitely have a secret RP Oracle character though, love the story I could build with it.
  • Options
    Summoner or mage.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bard or Rogue main class.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    HonshuHonshu Member
    edited January 2021
    In descending order of interest,
    Paladin (Tank/Cleric)
    Beastmaster (Summoner/Ranger)
    Bladedancer (Fighter/Bard)
    Shadow Lord (Rogue/Summoner)
    Oracle or Scryer (Cleric/Mage or Cleric/Bard)
    My main will almost certainly be a Paladin, with a Beastmaster my most immediate alt because I am intensely amused by the idea of a Beastmaster who does Taming and/or Animal Husbandry. My interest in Bladedancer and Shadow Lord mostly depends on how those Augments end up actually manifesting in their respective primary classes. I am hoping Bladedancer ends up being able to be played as a quick and agile melee fighter who can provide aoe buffs to people; I am hoping Shadow Lord ends up being a tricky hit-and-run character which can conjure illusions to mindgame enemies. When I inevitably end up making a healing alt, I will end up going with Oracle or Scryer depending on what augments lead to more interesting offensive support gameplay; I hope for things like providing health or temporary buffs when allies hit enemy targets, or debuffing enemies.

Looking forward to some more augment information being released!
  • Options
    Archwizard all the way! I've been playing as tanks and supports mostly so I'm ready to try out a new playstyle.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Whilst not many results in the straw poll yet, there is a decent spread trending; that is encouraging!
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Honshu wrote: »
    In descending order of interest,
    Paladin (Tank/Cleric)
    Beastmaster (Summoner/Ranger)
    Bladedancer (Fighter/Bard)
    Shadow Lord (Rogue/Summoner)
    Oracle or Scryer (Cleric/Mage or Cleric/Bard)
    My main will almost certainly be a Paladin, with a Beastmaster my most immediate alt because I am intensely amused by the idea of a Beastmaster who does Taming and/or Animal Husbandry. My interest in Bladedancer and Shadow Lord mostly depends on how those Augments end up actually manifesting in their respective primary classes. I am hoping Bladedancer ends up being able to be played as a quick and agile melee fighter who can provide aoe buffs to people; I am hoping Shadow Lord ends up being a tricky hit-and-run character which can conjure illusions to mindgame enemies. When I inevitably end up making a healing alt, I will end up going with Oracle or Scryer depending on what augments lead to more interesting offensive support gameplay; I hope for things like providing health or temporary buffs when allies hit enemy targets, or debuffing enemies.

Looking forward to some more augment information being released!

This is when I shall truly get excited for the game!

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As much as I'd like to, I can't make a decision until I've testing all the classes.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Nice i see, we have a good split of the classes.

Me too, i'm so excited to see how the abilities realy change the playstyle of the classes with the secondary archetypes :smiley:
  • Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Summoner hands down. And depending how things go might look at a pure build of summoner summoner. Just depends i really need to see/hear more about how the class will play.

Dream build for it is to farm/find legendaries or skills to make me summon whole armies that will wreck low/mid tier players :D or at least let me summon a massive hulking raid boss once a week i dunno something badass ya know. But im concerned because almost every game I've played with summoners has... well screwed me over in multiple games at best your a support dps and your dps isn't even all that great. they essentially added a class that had little to no value. And other games just made it out to be a.... i dunno token class like hey look at this cool class it summons! it summons useless monsters lol or you could go out to collect monsters with the class but nothing all that great just turned into collecting. So I'm anxious but hopeful this will be fun and have cool summons and uses. If it sucks might make a mage later dunno yet need to see all classes and get a baseline for it. Summoner is dream though don't fail me dreams don't fail me.
  • Options
    Its nice to know that im the only falconer...
    Ill cry now.
  • Options
    HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Some variation of Rogue/Fighter. Ill try everything out in Alpha/Beta before making a choice between Duelist/Shadoweblad/Assassin/Weapon Master
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I made a visual representation of the current poll in case other people want this info displayed better.

https://imgur.com/a/OsBYyUr

(I am struggling to post a photo though so here is a link^)

Skylarck The Botanist
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely beast master but may go brood warden
  • Options
    Skylarck wrote: »
    I made a visual representation of the current poll in case other people want this info displayed better.

Skylarck The Botanist

Well done, that's awsome, this gives us a much better overview! Thanks for that, man.

So far, it's realy cool to see, what you guys want to play.
  • Options

Skylarck The Botanist

8.08% wow... seems like a lot of people want to play high priest.
  • Options
    I have allways gravitated towards Necromancers in games but not so sure here since it is based on the Summoner archtype and I don't like the idea of only my summons doing all the work so will have to see how the class shapes up. Hopefully the choice will be made clear once we see more of the classes ^^
  • Options
    Sholer wrote: »

Skylarck The Botanist

8.08% wow... seems like a lot of people want to play high priest.

Yeah lots of high priests but that being said there’s a surprisingly even spread across all base classes
  • Options
    Looks like Rogues are taking a hard lead now

https://imgur.com/a/d1llisZ
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    BARDS ARE 4th PLACE POG! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MaciejMaciej Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dunir Paladin or Ren'Kai Cultist are my top choices currently, will probably also try a Highsword in alpha / betas.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

TBF multiple answers are possible, and for example i voted for 3 different rogue classes, so this sheat doesnt really say a lot
  • Options
    Hakaiju wrote: »

TBF multiple answers are possible, and for example i voted for 3 different rogue classes, so this sheat doesnt really say a lot

Of course, with <70 people voting yeah it’s not precise by any means, if we had many more than your 3 votes to rogue would be counterbalanced by others but yeah early stage of any stats is always less detailed, none the less interesting to see.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Of course, with <70 people voting yeah it’s not precise by any means, if we had many more than your 3 votes to rogue would be counterbalanced by others but yeah early stage of any stats is always less detailed, none the less interesting to see.

I guess a big factor is that rogue and fighter are pretty close to each other. So everyone interested in a fighter might also be interested in a Rogue. All other archetypes (or base classes) are more unique in the job they have to fullfill
    Tank -> Tank (lol)
    Ranged Physical -> Ranger
    Ranged Magical -> Mage/Summoner (i would still make a big distinction between them regarding playstyle)
    Support Heal -> Cleric
    Support Buff -> Bard (i guess Clerik/Bard might be a similar connection to Fighter/Rogue)
    Melee DPS -> Rogue/Fighter

So more or less every playstyle has only one primary archetype that covers it. So having a high count in Rogue/Fighter votes isnt that surprising imo. Of course the secondary archetype also has its usage, but we dont know that much about the impact of it so i assume most people choose their class with the primary archetype in mind
  • Options
    Falconer top pick for sure. Just hoping we get some choice in the type of bird (not just falcons, but eagles, owls, crows/ravens, etc)

The rest I'll have to playtest and see what I like, but generally the secondary ones I'm interested in are

Predator
    Assassin
    Beastmaster
    Scout
    Shadow Lord
    Shadowblade
    Wild Blade
    Shadow Guardian
    Strider
    Hunter
    Nightspell
    Shadow Caster
    Shadowmancer

(There is definitely a theme here)
    My AoC Wishlist:
    -Avian Tulnar (topic video)
    -Dwarf-to-tallest race heights for Tulnar
    -Crows/ravens for Falconers
    -AC:O & AC:V type aerial scouting for Falconer
  • Options
    I'll be a Soul Weaver (Bard/Cleric)

Any type of bard actually.

Skylarck The Botanist

Nice visualization. Gives a better overview of the result.

-Karp
    -Karp
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Picked "Soulbow"

Seen a lot of polls with the same question, but I don't think anyone took the time to list every class. Pretty cool.

That said, it made me think of a two question poll to do some time. The first question would be what primary class and the second question is what secondary class you plan to take.

Would be interesting to see overall what classes people intend to take for each slot. I suspect summoners would be popular as both a primary and a secondary.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.