Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guess game again: Pay services

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hello, i'm back with the guess game. This time let's guess what pay services we will get within the few first months of the game:
Subscription
Transfer a character from a server to another one
Change a character race
Ember Shop(in-game and maybe on official website)
Packs that gives you skins or any advantages(non mandatory to play, website only)

Comments

• Options
    You think they'll make you pay to delete a subscription?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Opps i edited my message, sorry
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well....
    The game IS a subscription model without a box cost... So I would hope that they would have a subscription model within the first month xD

Server changes will be possible later on eventually, they want to watch the server stability first.

I dont think/I hope that race changes will not be possible.

I would not have a problem with a skin shop like in GW2, as long as they dont implement things like:
    1. Indistructable Harvesting tools
    2. EXP-Boosts
    3. Buffs etc

They also said that their shop wont include ANYTHING that COULD be pay2win. So Packs would be something like loading a gun and holding it to their head, because thats one of the big hings that the Community likes about Ashes.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »

Now THAT's a sales tactic.

"You can pay $98 to end your subscription. OR: you could just subscribe for another month for $15! up to you."
    :D
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, the devs have already said they don't want players swapping servers so paid server transfers will be out. As for other things, I expect the usual stuff like change race, change gender, change appearance, etc. What I'm most interested though is how many character slots we get given at base and how much they will charge for additional character slots.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, the devs have already said they don't want players swapping servers so paid server transfers will be out.
    That is what I thought.
    That, and no name changes.

People need to understand that no server transfer or name change is a feature there to promote better socialization. Without these measures people can just be toxic, and change names or servers when they start to get hated.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »

"You can pay $98 to end your subscription. OR: you could just subscribe for another month for $15! up to you."

That’s how many wireless contracts work.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    maouw wrote: »

That’s how many wireless contracts work.

True, but they're sold as a finite package with a defined end to the contract.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    What I'm most interested though is how many character slots we get given at base and how much they will charge for additional character slots.

Om nom nom. I'll eat up those character slots like they're Chocolate HobNobs! I wants!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Change race probably won't happen as race is not merely an appearance in the game.
  • Options
    MoGodMoGod Member
    edited January 2021
    Some of the better games I have played has had a subscription attached to them I don't mind paying for a good game I enjoy. It is the bad ones that get me wanting to go somewhere else and give my money away.
    fYCW4Ja.png
  • Options
    As said, it is a subscription based game, so that would be there from day one.
    Considering you can buy embers and i think it has been said, there will be a cosmetic shop
    Steven has said several times, no p2w or advantage, so a NO on that. He would proberly lose so many players if that happened.
    Maybe look into the game before you post