I'm looking for an Older group of gamers.

Did you play the original everquest from day 1? How about World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, etc. ad infinitum? A 40 something gamer who might get my references? I am really looking forward to this game but if I have to be the old man in the group for another tween clan I'm gonna quit mmo's altogether. Someone help please. Thank you in advance.

Zain Redding, Beta tester for the last 30 years(Alpha 2,Beta1&2).

Comments

• ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited January 9
    I am very close to 65 and am a member of Verra mercantile Company. https://verramercantileco.com/ .if you decide to join us, you would NOT be the oldest!!! for games: i have played everquest, Eve online, rift ,Runescape ,Ragnorok, maple Story, Gaia and more.
  • MoGodMoGod Member
    edited January 17
    This game does bring me back memories of the old MMOs 52 <
    But I have seen a lot of MMOs not make it or turn out to be duds lets hope this one keeps on rolling. Ashone I have booked marked your homepage might be seeing you soon. Remember always fire first and ask questions later. I am also on steam, been for 10 years same name.

fYCW4Ja.png
  • As a 24 year old i am always the youngest in MMO Guilds, and by quite a margin that is. Most people are in their mid 30's, with quite a lot of people being over 50. Was kinda weird at first but its quite relaxed in those guilds ^^
  • ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds
    What i am looking forward to the most is group content. There are way too many mmo s out there now that have devolved into a single player game, except for weekly raids.
  • SantanicoSantanico Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited January 11
    Hey there, come give us a look. I myself am 48 and we have many members that have lots of MMO experience, a extremely organised guild, yet super welcoming and helpful. Message me if you've any questions. We have many alpha 1 members, an will be plenty more alpha 2 joining us.
    https://www.stormborngaming.net/recruitment
    32caba2c66bb4cfe9d35a466319b09e3.png
  • vs631vs631 Member
    I'm 43 myself, My first MMO was Ascheron's Call. Funny thing I just looked up, the size of that game was 1200km^2. That's is immense! I'm also looking for a guild with more mature players.
    I love the PVP as it gives me a rush win or lose, but I also like the PVE aspect of this game.
    Ill be playing alpha 2 and beyond. Ill be playing on the east coast (NY). I work for myself and have a lot of time to spare during the day and night. Are either of the guilds listed playing on an eastern server?
  • SantanicoSantanico Member, Braver of Worlds
    vs631 wrote: »
    I'm 43 myself, My first MMO was Ascheron's Call. Funny thing I just looked up, the size of that game was 1200km^2. That's is immense! I'm also looking for a guild with more mature players.
    I love the PVP as it gives me a rush win or lose, but I also like the PVE aspect of this game.
    Ill be playing alpha 2 and beyond. Ill be playing on the east coast (NY). I work for myself and have a lot of time to spare during the day and night. Are either of the guilds listed playing on an eastern server?

You would fit right in with us, Guild Leader is Eastern Time zone, so I'm guessing we will be using that.

32caba2c66bb4cfe9d35a466319b09e3.png
  • ashone wrote: »
    I am very close to 65 and am a member of Verra mercantile Company. https://verramercantileco.com/ .if you decide to join us, you would NOT be the oldest!!! for games: i have played everquest, Eve online, rift ,Runescape ,Ragnorok, maple Story, Gaia and more.

i may check that out... have long been an mmo merchant/crafter in some of the biggest mmo's with decent mercantile systems. whether farming mats & mastering craft trades or buying low in bulk and reselling in smaller lots or buying out entire guilds to repurpose their members in new guilds... the trade system is what i am looking forward to the most in AOC, that is my end-game. will be 46 soon, rl crafter-self employed-business owner... eastern us time. first modern mmorpg: DAoC. have over 6k hours into just ffxiv & eso... aion, rift, tera, original bdo, had big hopes for archeage pre launch, but rip... when not playing mmo's i enjoy sims/city builders/indie and single player rpg... lately, an occasional gacha... lol.
  • MagenciaMagencia Member
    i played in UO for years back in the days.. i mean look at my name lol
  • OstaffOstaff Member
    Did you play the original everquest from day 1? How about World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, etc. ad infinitum? A 40 something gamer who might get my references? I am really looking forward to this game but if I have to be the old man in the group for another tween clan I'm gonna quit mmo's altogether. Someone help please. Thank you in advance.

Zain Redding, Beta tester for the last 30 years(Alpha 2,Beta1&2).

Yup played them all at the start including Dark Ages of Camelot, Lineage and The Saga of Ryzom. Grew up with MUDS (Hidden Realms, etc)
  • OstaffOstaff Member
    edited March 2
    ashone wrote: »
    What i am looking forward to the most is group content. There are way too many mmo s out there now that have devolved into a single player game, except for weekly raids.

It is my opinion that Solo content is what has killed the MMOs of today. Casual and Solo catered games may make more money for the "short" term but they can never give the richness or fullness for a lasting game which will make MORE money in the longterm.
  • Moe1Moe1 Member
    I'm a bit older as well and looking for a group around the same age. If you guys want to party up to roll some group content during alpha let me know. Many of my buddies that I played games with 10-15 years ago have moved on or we lost contact and it's a struggle now finding a group my age outside of the main genres of video games.
  • akabearakabear Member, Founder
    There I was thinking I was one of the eldest, great to hear similar aged people about!
  • And I found the thread I'm looking for. Now to figure out a guild.
  • GriftyGrifty Member
    EQ1 was my first mmo. I still play it from time to time. Went to EQ2 for years and raided and agree that most mmo content these days is pretty much solo and too easy. The appeal to me of Ashes is the reliance of players on other players. Hopefully this won't turn into a game where crews of bots roam the landscape and everyone plays alone.
  • I'm also looking for a guild with a group of older cats. I'm 40 and most of the people I play with now won't be migrating here.
  • DracobringerDracobringer Member
    edited April 6
    If anyone is interested in a more mature hardcore guild, I think you should check us out :smile:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/47759/na-overlord-hardcore-pvx