Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"suggestion" about the corruption system

InkkInkk Member
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
I think the corruption system is great but the way you made it makes it sound ad if there is no motive for doing that after thier first kill because there is no benefits , so here is my idea on how to make it more interesting and give a motive for people to kill other players:

First is corrupted nodes , it necessary a corrupted node would be like a safe haven for criminals and players with good karma or "good players" will be killed by city guards if they get close and the mayor will be the one who gets the most kills in a set period of time like a killing competition of sorts .

Second is how the corruption debuff works its just not fun if all you get is a health debuff but if you get a damage increase like kind of a berserk state or demonization where you deal more damage and take more damage or you apply a special condition on your enemies so if someone kill a lot of people he won't be easy to subjugate unlike what you said which doesn't make sense for a notorious killer to only get a debuff where he cant even attack so a powerful killer = higher bounty .

Third is how you found your bounty , a Bounty hunter should go to thier religion church and ask for thier bounty's location and they dont give you a pin point location of him but more of an area where he is so that the bounty hunter gets to do some work to get the money the area would be given as an aproximity of 1km or less depending on the level of the church and its a location where evil energy is gathered
And not anyone can get every evil player's location only a bounty hunter is given the location of the bounty he picked up from the town hall or bounty board so we dont get 100 people swarming over one poor Little evil man . And if you see a wanted person even if you dont have his bounty it shows on his name so you can kill him and get his head but you cant get the bounty money but you can sell the head to someone who took it and only ~5 people can take the same bounty because again 100vs1 situation is not fun and no one would kill again if that what always happen.

And honestly a killer who just gets weaker is just dumb .
Hope you like my idea and take something off of it.
Sorry for my english.

PS: cmon guys 64 classes and no one uses his fist :v.

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Welcome to the community.

Being "corrupt" is NOT a desired state and Not to be encouraged.

Recent thread about this same topic.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/267391#Comment_267391
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    InkkInkk Member
    edited January 2021
    Well if that's the case then nobody will flag themselves for pvp and open world pvp would become pointless outside of caravan raids and big monthly events like sieges meaning if i want to pvp i have to wait a lot of time for an event to happen or keep looking for someone who is flagged for pvp which i believe would be scarce .
    And on the role play side of things i want to be an evil necromancer who reigns ove an evil city i cant do that only "good" exists no evil .
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1:09 Stevens address's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7Y-D5R0IY
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can somewhat agree with OP the fact that right now its a negative is fine the game is nowhere near even launch. But i to plan to make a guild and the guild will have a "corruption" vibe to it so id like it in some fashion if down the road they make it so that you can have/use corruption it just seems like a waste not to have some gimmick with the mechanic. Perhaps in latter expansions as a pvp encouragement perhaps a smaller continent could be added that is a corruption land for those who have left the light to spread the corruption. Or some lore stuff etc. But you could add in a fight between those who side with corruption and those who are on the side of light but obviously being that there are 7 gods vs 3 gods could keep it where the corruption get better damage or some benefit while probley 70% stayed on light side. I dunno just kicking ideas around i have no current issue with corruption system just want it to be... explored? In the future.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Inkk wrote: »
    Well if that's the case then nobody will flag themselves for pvp and open world pvp would become pointless outside of caravan raids and big monthly events like sieges meaning if i want to pvp i have to wait a lot of time for an event to happen or keep looking for someone who is flagged for pvp which i believe would be scarce .
    And on the role play side of things i want to be an evil necromancer who reigns ove an evil city i cant do that only "good" exists no evil .

You're not supposed to be out looking for PvP, you are supposed to be out playing the game, and PvP'ing when the situation calls for it.

You may want to be the 'evil' necromancer that goes around killing people, but since that is fun for one and specifically not fun for many, that isn't what the game design is about.
  • Options
    I can somewhat agree with OP the fact that right now its a negative is fine the game is nowhere near even launch. But i to plan to make a guild and the guild will have a "corruption" vibe to it so id like it in some fashion if down the road they make it so that you can have/use corruption it just seems like a waste not to have some gimmick with the mechanic. Perhaps in latter expansions as a pvp encouragement perhaps a smaller continent could be added that is a corruption land for those who have left the light to spread the corruption. Or some lore stuff etc. But you could add in a fight between those who side with corruption and those who are on the side of light but obviously being that there are 7 gods vs 3 gods could keep it where the corruption get better damage or some benefit while probley 70% stayed on light side. I dunno just kicking ideas around i have no current issue with corruption system just want it to be... explored? In the future.

Take the most played game, wow. I can be a level 60 and kill ANYTHING I want without ZERO consequence. How is that fun for the level 30 doing a quest?

AoC wants you to consider killing that 30. If you do so, you're sorta griefing a little, killing something that can't fight back. But AoC won't forbid this action directly, but with the corruption system.

If you give corrupted players a node to be safe, they will hide there until it's safe to go out and farm the penalty, it goes against the principes of the corruption system which is there to avoid unnecessary/non consented PvP.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The corruption system is literally a courtesy system to help you find people who want to fight you.

Attack someone to flag for PvP ----> means "Hi, I want to fight you"
    the other person does not fight back ----> means "No, I don't want to fight."
    the other person fights back ----> means "Bring it, punk."
    two people are fighting and a third person joins in ----> means "EVERYONE GET IN HERE"

Why is it so important to kill non-consenting people?
    We have laws in real life against killing unarmed people because it is dishonourable. It's the same thing for AoC
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The only I can see your ideas working is only if there's a Divine node that's not "divine" at all but is actually the place where "evil" players worship the Evil Gods in Verra. They will still accrue Corruption and increment their PK count. But they won't suffer any of the penalties. They will get bonuses for being Corrupted, but not by a margin enough to be a nuisance for everyone.

The catch is, it only works within the evil node's ZOI. Once they're out of the ZOI, their Corruption bonuses are gone and at the same time, their Corruption penalties will be applied immediately.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    Inkk wrote: »

Have you just not read about the flagging system at all? There are 2 other states, combatant and non-combatant. If you die as a Non-combatant then you lose double the resources/xp debt/durability loss compared to a combatant. The incentive to flag up as a combatant when attacked is so you lose less.

They don't want the game to be a gank fest, thus they made the corruption system so people aren't just running around killing other people all day every day. Corruption is meant to be almost a pure negative.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread number 74
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace