Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Wings as part of mobility/Costume

I always liked to see in mmo`s well made and enjoyable pair of wings. they add a lot of god like look to characters.
Please add wings to this game PLEASE.
Bump up this post for Game Dev to see.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I strongly dislike wings as an appearance on characters. If you have wings, you should be able to fly. If you can't fly, you shouldn't have wings.

That said, there are already cosmetic wings iirc.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wings on characters have a habit of causing.... complications, especially when it comes to animations. That's why a lot of games avoid using them, and even games that do have them only use them for specific spell animations.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Already a thing. Characters with wings, specifically this racial skin and the demonic will hover. No true flight due to the restrictions for metro mayors and pvp castle kings/queens.
    Angel_skin.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    edited January 2021
    Please for the love of god do not add frivolous wing cosmetics outside of legendary gear obtained through in-game means.

It absolutely ruins immersion to see people running around with wings everywhere. Just look at the current state of GW2 cosmetics, everyone runs around looking like some kind of cosmic being and not like someone who belongs in the aesthetic of the world.

I already dislike the fact that we will have "race change" cosmetics, don't go even more overboard
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have had this thread before. If we are going to keep having this thread. I am going to keep throwing my vote of "No" out there.

In short. Wings cheapen the setting. I would imagine that slaying a dragon is a less challenging and rewarding experience for a creature that has wings. With or without flight, wings make you seem like a something with capabilities far beyond that of a human. Not great for collective immersion.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dislike the wing look. I don't want to look "god like" in this game nor do I want to see other players look "god like". Especially being a tank....just give me my shield.
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    edited January 2021
    Khronus wrote: »
    I dislike the wing look. I don't want to look "god like" in this game nor do I want to see other players look "god like". Especially being a tank....just give me my shield.

Exactly, based on everything we know about the game thus far, none of the players are "Heroes" or "Chosen ones".

We are all basic people in a fantasy world slowly amassing our own strength but more importantly, our strength in numbers. We are all just cogs in our Guild/City/Family, and as such our characters should be just normal people putting in their part of that. None of us are "God-like" beings who can flaunt power.

Unless I'm completely wrong and that's not the vision for the game.

Edit: On top of that, there's only going to be 10 flying mounts per server, why would individuals have that kind of power or even seem like they have that kind of power by themselves
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited January 2021
    Pls no wings - wings makes an MMO look like everyone is 'the chosen one', then you've got 100 players running around town with multi-coloured wings and it looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No wings unless they are deep fried, dipped in spicy buffalo sauce, and served with a side of bleu cheese.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    No wings unless they are deep fried, dipped in spicy buffalo sauce, and served with a side of bleu cheese.

Want some fries with that?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

Want some fries with that?

Optional but not unwelcome, especially if the wings are really spicy. :flushed:

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

You lost me at the blue cheese, but full marks for the spicy buffalo sauce!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I removed my like because of the bleu cheese. I hope to slay you on the battlefield one day.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »

I removed my like because of the bleu cheese. I hope to slay you on the battlefield one day.

Ranch is also acceptable. Bleu cheese is understandably an acquired taste.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited January 2021

That changed my mind.

I'll be a staunch supporter for cosmetic wings, under the condition that equipping wings automatically flags you for pvp & makes you drop wings (cooking ingredients) upon death.

There, now the wing lovers get to look wingy & happy, and wing haters get to farm the winged creatures for buffalo wings.
    Everyone's happy. Conflict resolved.
  • Options
    I'll be a staunch supporter for cosmetic wings, under the condition that equipping wings automatically flags you for pvp & makes you drop wings (cooking ingredients) upon death.

How horribly awesome would it be if you really COULD loot “cooking ingredients” from people in PvP to make meals out of them? :o

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

How horribly awesome would it be if you really COULD loot “cooking ingredients” from people in PvP to make meals out of them? :o

Atama Soup. Yeeeeaaaah! >:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

Now I think this should be a thing in an underworld military node: Cannibals' festival battle royale. Any player killed within the arena drops mysterious "tasty meat", and in the end the winner(s) get to walk away with a pile of ... "cooking ingredients" + some other regular pvp event rewards.