Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Voting booths

Will there be voting booths so mayors can see whats most requested by their citizens?
Voting booths could help the mayor feel out what his people want most of the their cities.

Comments

• They have said that mayors will have access to additional information about their city but have not specified all the information they will have access to. This information I believe will be available inside the main mayoral building (there was a video showing this a little it when Steven was Mayor in one of the videos but can't find it at the moment) and not at multiple booths.
  • Thank you for that.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    They talk about it here.
    They show the basic idea at 55:40 but they start talking about it sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trk0Tik18j8

At 34:50 they sign up for citizenship and have a vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwaYLOuw2s
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The only two games I have ever seen players wait in a line to talk to an NPC were FFXI and FFXIV. In both cases it was born from a unnaturally high politeness within the player base, and a serverside limitation where the NPCs would get overwhelmed.

I think if I ever seen people lined up at a voting both in AoC. I would be both proud, and amused. Realistically I don't think it would be something that we would have to deal with, but it is a thought that comes to mind with voting booths.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm not sure how a voting booth would be something that the Mayor can use to see what their citizen wants for their nodes. If you mean Mayors should have the ability to start a poll (not an election), that is a very interesting idea.

I imagine the Mayors will have to engage in conversations via the node chat. If the Bulletin Board allows this, we should be able to put up notices and "posters" demanding something from the Mayor for the benefit of our nodes.
  • If they have voting booths, they need to have an NPC outside of each one that will clean them completely between PCs. That way, our characters don't spread the plague or something...