Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Early node, prior to level 3, questions

I have a few questions:
- Will there be crafting/refining stations that can be used early by anyone to make basic items or a merchant that you can buy and sell materials? Or are we to stock up on materials until level 3 node opens, flooding the market?

- How do people become citizens of level 1&2 nodes that cannot be leveled due to other nodes blocking them from going to level 3. (residence required to be a citizen)

- If people cant not become citizens of level 1 and 2 nodes how are governors picked? In one of the node videos it was explained that these lower nodes will have governors. How?, We need to be a citizen.

- Is there a concern that people will leave the lower level nodes, therefore vanishing because:
a) they cant manufacture goods
b) they are missing out on the politics of the game
c) cannot have housing
I guess these will exist just for the fact that some people will be there fighting/gathering but I doubt there will be any other purpose to the tiny towns besides your storage then hoping your caravan doesn't get attached?

Let me know your thought.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    Do you have a link to Intrepid saying low tier nodes will have governors?

I ask because it has been a stated fact since 2017 that node government starts at tier 3.

To answer your first and last question - there will have to be access to crafting prior to nodes leveling up to tier 3 - but that is about it.

The expectation is that players will move around some - the game is not designed to be static, so what ever reason players give themselves for moving is a good thing.
  • "Do you have a link to Intrepid saying low tier nodes will have governors?"
    Sorry you are correct. I confused vassal and Parent nodes. It wasn't governors.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Stocking up on materials would be risky at best on launch. If you die, either through pve or pvp you would lose a portion of those gathered materials. Many of the crafting mechanics and systems have yet to be revealed, so it is unknown currently whether refining (processing tree) would occur. Good news, the planned time for an average level 3 to pop is only a few days, so will give you plenty of time to harvest, then sell, lather, rinse, repeat to build the funds you will need for that freehold or house you will need for citizenship.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Stocking up on materials would be risky at best on launch. If you die, either through pve or pvp you would lose a portion of those gathered materials. Many of the crafting mechanics and systems have yet to be revealed, so it is unknown currently whether refining (processing tree) would occur. Good news, the planned time for an average level 3 to pop is only a few days, so will give you plenty of time to harvest, then sell, lather, rinse, repeat to build the funds you will need for that freehold or house you will need for citizenship.

While we don't have confirmation either way, since crafting is supposed to be where the bulk of item upgrades are supposed to come from, it would just be odd to not allow for that at all in the first few days of the game going live.

I mean, they could just make it so item upgrades come through mob drops, but it would just be odd for the game to start out like that and then change after a few days.

This is my only reason for assuming there will be some form of access to crafting in those first few days - even if it is, as you say, somewhat risky.
  • We will probably have crafting stations quickly or already there.
    Since we are starting out in areas that have had the scouts before, they should be advanced. Also, Intrepid has said getting to Node level 1 would only be a few hours. Even if we start in wilderness, that many people will advance the starting node quickly.
  • crafting stations yes.
    no citizenship below stage 3
    no govenors below stage 3