Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pertaining Alpha One

KoroptixKoroptix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
so i seen in the new dev discussion letter offering alpha one again (possibly). I was gonna suggest the players who have purchased the alpha 2 test or say spent a total of so much(whatever the price is for the alpha one). Because i honestly can not wait to play !!!!!!! This last video posted has me hooked now more than ever thank u all who are working on this its amazing

Comments

• Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What i would really like to see is they say okay were gonna open Alpha Sales on this day for 12 hours and see how many we get. If they get so many that it becomes a issue simply spool up more server's they will need them for the Live version anyway if you can push updates to them all it adds in more variety of testing possibilities. Though it will admittedly add in some more headache unless they have a small dedicated team for the server infrastructure.
  • Options
    Please remember that you are not 'playing' Alpha 1. It is a buggy mess (read any comments of people who have been part of any actual Alpha). If you are lucky, you get to log in. Probably half the people who could have been in the December test did not actually log in, or if they did it was for a few hours.
    You have to uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall, etc. I remember Apocalypse when it launched. Took hours before I could get to the actual character screen.
    One of the things that is being tested is the server stability. Setting them up takes time and effort which could have been put towards other issues.
  • Options
    I just want to buy Leader of Men package as the ones currently look like crap :/ guess I am 2 late
  • Options
    I have Alpha one and two but don't know how to download them. Anyone able to help?
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    I have Alpha one and two but don't know how to download them. Anyone able to help?

You don't because they're not up.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

Thanks! Do you know when they will be up? and for how long?
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I believe you should be waiting for an email that will explain what you need to do and when to do it.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Koroptix wrote: »
    so i seen in the new dev discussion letter offering alpha one again (possibly). I was gonna suggest the players who have purchased the alpha 2 test or say spent a total of so much(whatever the price is for the alpha one). Because i honestly can not wait to play !!!!!!! This last video posted has me hooked now more than ever thank u all who are working on this its amazing

As much as I would love to be given the first opportunity to buy into alpha 1 because I bought the alpha 2 package, I think they should just open it up to anyone who wants it. I shouldn't have any more right than someone who just discovered AOC IMO.

@BobzUrUncle personally, I want to be a part of helping sort through these issues. I don't mind the buggy mess. Ultimately, I have been a part of so many failed launches (glaring right into your soul blizzard...thanks for making me wait 4 hours to play diablo 3 at launch!) that it isn't going to bother me not even to be able to log in.
  • Options
    Yea I don’t have a problem with the bugs(I know it’s alpha there’s issues but that’s what we’re all here for) but I want to help, severely want to help with anything I can
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Read this Creative Director's Letter:
    https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-01-08-creative-directors-letter

It has the Alpha 1 schedule.

alpha_one_test_schedule-1920x1080.jpg

As you see, the next Alpha 1 preview is scheduled to run from February 19-22 (so just like last time, it is a Friday-Monday event), and if you have a Braver of Worlds or have an Intrepid Pack, or belong to a higher Kickstarter tier then you should receive an email invitation. (If you did pledge to Kickstarter that's not showing up on your forum profile, you might want to ask about getting that fixed if that's the case.) March is when all Alpha 1 testers can get in to test for a weekend, and then the real Alpha 1 test is scheduled to run for an entire month from April 6 through May 6. Of course the schedule is subject to change, technical issues may cause delays, and so on.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Big thanks to Atama for the detailed and helpful answer on testing above!

To the OP, we plan to give you an update on Alpha One sales in February as noted in the most recent Creative Director's Letter, and if we were moving forward with it we would likely provide you all the relevant details then on how to gain access accordingly :smiley:

The team has definitely been putting in a lot of hard work for our recent and upcoming milestones, so we're excited you're excited! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    thanks LT Toast you're the best did u happen to see the comment on the dungeons i suggested?