Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

General feedback

Since an email I received solicited feedback, here it is. Purely from watching a video or two my impression was that this looks like several other games, and I could not determine what about Ashes of Creation would draw me away from other games I enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    I agree that if you've only watched some of the gameplay footage from Ashes, it doesn't look that special. Pretty looking for sure but nothing ground-breaking in terms of mmorpgs.

HOWEVER, what sets Ashes of Creation apart from the other mmorpgs, and the reason I'm excited for it, is in the node system and the dynamic world it produces. No other mmorpg I know of has taken this concept as far or given the players so much agency over what the world looks like.

On top of that I very much support the core principles that Ashes is built upon:

1. Bringing back social interaction in mmorpgs
    2. Bringing back risk/reward in mmorpgs
    3. getting rid of pay2win and pay2convenience mechanics

These aren't things that can really be shown off in gameplay footage just yet, but they are still there and are definitely what I'm looking forward to about the game, that set it apart from the other modern mmorpgs.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I find the generals need to do more for their country. That is my general feedback.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    jetron wrote: »
    Since an email I received solicited feedback, here it is. Purely from watching a video or two my impression was that this looks like several other games, and I could not determine what about Ashes of Creation would draw me away from other games I enjoy.

Fair dos. If you don't want to look into it any further, then enjoy whatever you keep playing.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    jetron wrote: »

From my perspective, there are two types of mmo players. On one side you have people who simply don't care that MMO means MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER. These people are ok with wow allowing you to experience the full game from one city. Leveling to max without having to go anywhere or speak to anyone. Mindless content and as close to an idle game as you can get without actually being an idle game.

On the other side, thoroughly enjoying the social aspect, growing with a community, developing the world around you, creating your own content in the game, making friends and enemies, laying siege to those enemies alongside those friends and so much more.

Who you are will determine what type of mmo you prefer. Invest some time into researching AOC. I discovered it last July and instantly bought in. Good development team, good leadership, zero pay to win, a creative director who has wasted as many hours as me playing mmos.....AOC and IS have a lot going for them. I would invest stocks into IS should they go public.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I find the generals need to do more for their country. That is my general feedback.

I have some General Electric appliances that work pretty well.

My Chevy is made by General Motors (Chevrolet is just a division of that company) and I love my car.

That’s my general feedback.

Oh, and I also love Franken Berries which is made by General Mills.

That’s all my general feedback for now.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    To clarify a bit here, we were more specifically soliciting your feedback in that email on our new email layout and design, to let us know if you enjoyed it more than the previous format <3 that being said, we always love to hear all kinds of feedback here on the forums!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ...soliciting your feedback in that email on our new email layout and design, to let us know if you enjoyed it more than the previous format...

I'll just use this thread to respond, but the one update I really liked was how the "Last Call on Shop Packages" was setup instead of listing each individually. It looked clean and provided the same information.

However, I might just be an absolute idiot (I am.), but I didn't realize until right this moment that a lot of the banners could be clicked to take you to more information. The Last Call square had that Pre-Order Now button that was a different color so that made it obvious, but I just thought the others were just like titles for the videos under them. Although it's nice to have it look pretty, since I normally read the emails on my small, slow phone (rocking that iphone 5 still) I'd still love to get some text (especially the dev discussion details) put into the email. I didn't even realize it had been updated on the forums and I check her fairly regularly. Along with that, the less times I need to reopen the email after being redirected the better.

But I'm probably a small majority since my phone really is a great great grandpa at this point.
  • Options
    Thank ya Jam, that is excellent feedback <3 I think our team noted a similar thing on our end as well, that in the future we'd like to make more clear that each of those sections are clickable to more goodies. And I do plan to include those recaps in our previous Dev Discussion posts moving forward, so you can see all the feedback and responses in one place!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    To clarify a bit here, we were more specifically soliciting your feedback in that email on our new email layout and design, to let us know if you enjoyed it more than the previous format <3 that being said, we always love to hear all kinds of feedback here on the forums!

Felt a little too "busy" for my liking, and too much to have to click on. Compare it to the CDL that came out, where pretty much all the info is there in the one message and you don't need to click in and out of multiple different boxes to get to it. When there are that many boxes to click on, I just don't bother.

Having said that, I'd been paying attention to the released info as it came out anyway, so the recap may not have been aimed at me.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/