Certificates

Hello awesome people. I was thinking about system of the caravans and certificates dropped from monsters. I can't help but wonder one simple thing. Why bother with caravans transporting your good when you can simply just run or ride on your mounto into an another node. When people will see caravan they gonna think - damn free loot, but when you ride on a mount you look like a regular player getting into your random destination. Can someone explain it to me please ? I was looking at wiki and couldn't find anything. Cheers have a good day.

Comments

• TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Because a Caravan can carry 100x what you can hold in your inventory.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • WarthWarth Member
    ?

Caravans = materials like tooths, pelts...

Certificates = replacement for gold directly dropped from monsters. You get the gold from a hunter by handing in the kill certs.
  • maouwmaouw Member
    Talents wrote: »

This is the main reason.
    Travel back and forth 100 times, or do 1 caravan?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouwmaouw Member
    maouw wrote: »

This is the main reason.

I just realized this is what bots will probably be doing.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 13

This is the main reason.

I just realized this is what bots will probably be doing.

Sounds like an easy source of income then - kill the bots, take their stuff, farm some mobs to work off the corruption before the next one comes along.

Caravans aren't any less safe than transporting goods by foot.
  • Talents wrote: »
    Warth wrote: »
    Caravans = materials like tooths, pelts...

Certificates = replacement for gold directly dropped from monsters. You get the gold from a hunter by handing in the kill certs.

These two.

As Warth said, the Hunting Certificates are a replacement drop for money, cos it's a little unbelievable that a Wolf would drop 15 gold coins and an Iron Breastplate. Instead, they might drop a Wolf Pelt or a Wolf Claw, and you take them to a vendor in the nearby city to get the money.

Caravans will be taking goods/resources/etc. So, if you go out and mine some iron ore, you might find that you can only sell it for 3 gold coins each at your local city. However, at the city two nodes over, you can sell it for 16 gold coins each. The caravan is for this sort of circumstance. And yeah, you could take some yourself, but as Talents said, the caravan can hold a whooooole lot more than you can, and you and whoever else fills your caravan with you will be defending it with everything you've got.
    Daveywavey-member.png
  • Ok so... do I understand that right ?
    You kill mob you get pelts. Pelts can deliver to closest NPC and get certtificates right ?
    But really the inventory will be so small that you need entire caravan to transport all this stuff ? Do you really gonna get so many cert and mats that you wont have space in inv ? Plus maybe you wanna sell stone / iron etc on AH of economic node and not using caravan - cuz tbh I'm not sure how caravan works.
    Will it sell stone / iron immediately upon arrival ? And if not than how can you carry for example 1000 iron when you needed caravan to deliver them instead of using mount and travel normally. Thx for all info
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 13
    Tausomaki wrote: »
    Ok so... do I understand that right ?
    You kill mob you get pelts. Pelts can deliver to closest NPC and get certtificates right ?
    But really the inventory will be so small that you need entire caravan to transport all this stuff ? Do you really gonna get so many cert and mats that you wont have space in inv ? Plus maybe you wanna sell stone / iron etc on AH of economic node and not using caravan - cuz tbh I'm not sure how caravan works.
    Will it sell stone / iron immediately upon arrival ? And if not than how can you carry for example 1000 iron when you needed caravan to deliver them instead of using mount and travel normally. Thx for all info

Not quite.

You kill a mob and get a certificate. That certificate can be taken back to a node and exchanged for gold. This is in place of mobs dropping gold, and other than the fact that you can drop these certificates when killed in PvP, that is the end of the story for 'these' certificates.

Also, if that mob you killed has a pelt, if you are of an appropriate gathering class, you may be able to skin it.

These pelts, as well as all other raw materials (herbs, wood, stone, metal ore etc) take up a lot of inventory space, but need to be transported in order to be used.

To transport them efficiently, you need to gather up a lot of these materials, then put them in a caravan and move them to where they are able to be used.

This is why the caravan system is important - it is the only way to move large amounts of material from where they are gathered to where they can be used.

Now, the part I think you are getting confused with is what happens when someone successfully attacks your caravan. Rather than taking it over and carrying on, the attacker gets a certificate that can be exchanged at the origin node of your caravan for the resources that were contained in it.

Also, if you decide to sell the materials where they are rather than transporting them, the buyer will have to take possession of them in the node the materials are in, and will need to then transport them to where they want them anyway. So it may well be that you are simply using your caravan to take raw materials from where they are gathered (and thus where they are cheap) to where they are used and in high demand (and thus expensive).
  • Tausomaki wrote: »
    Ok so... do I understand that right ?

Think of "certificates" as trash loots. They're pelts, antlers, etc. that you will need to redeem as gold (and maybe something else) at any vendors in any nodes.

The distance between the location where you obtained the certificates and the node that you're selling it at matters as well. The longer the distance, the higher the price.

You might not need a Caravan at all. You can also use a Mule. Mules can carry 10x the amount of your backpack and they're also a mount.