Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Quest type idea "Mysterious Ornate Chest Quest", "Cicada 3301"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_nvKS29-Gs

Hello friends,

I was watching some videos these days on youtube and I came across this video (Brazil) about a quest that has existed within the Tibia game for years and nobody had been able to solve it, it is like a puzzle in the style "Cicada 3301", in which several players are solving puzzles within the game together to find the solution.
But they are very, very difficult to resolve.
I think it would be really cool to implement some quest in that sense within the game, by the way, I think that every MMORPG should have a puzzle quest like that, with a very good reward for anyone who finds out.
Search about the "Mysterious Ornate Chest Quest" on google and watch videos, the video I sent is Brazilian because I am from Brazil, but there are several others on the internet.

I would like your opinion on this type of quest, what do you think?
Let's talk.

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like these quests but I'm not sure how easy it is to make a good one - especially something that can't be solved by brute force.

Plus I'm happy enough trying to solve the Collatz Conjecture!
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I thoroughly enjoy very difficult exploration/puzzle problems. Especially ones that last a long long time. The item at the end would need to be things with super small spawn rates because once one person figures it out it'll be on the internet and then it becomes just a long trivial problem.