Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Getting to know the crowd.

Id like to get to know some people. I have spent to much time in ESO just joining multiple guilds for marketing purposes and I'm sure there are a few here who feel as I do that that was a bad way to go for an MMO. It took away the personal experience that guilds can be.

Ive spent some time in the MMO realms and I'm seeking the new home feeling.

I played nexus TK http://www.nexusatlas.com/

WoW, ESO, Rift and a bunch of others. They all had their special things that made them unique and wonderful in all their ways.

I left a link for Nexus because nobody has ever heard of it and it is still my favorite all these years later. Almost nobody plays it and it maybe has 300 players during prime time. It has a special magic to it that I kinda see in the few things Ive seen here. I'm hoping I have found my new home here.

I usually play the magic DPS classes. I have enjoyed the rogue in NTK and the pally in WoW. Usually though the mage and warlocks have been my primary classes.

I'm a dad. My wife and child are my major aggro from the game. This is what keeps me from raiding typically.

What brings you to this game? Is it that shiny new world to explore? It is partly that for me. Its also that I think the player should have a greater impact on the environment. This game looks to have that aspect.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the community @Theosis .
    I have to agree on ESO's "multi guild system". I was against it when they first announced it, as I feared you wouldn't get that pride and fellowship of being in a guild. When the game launched I was right. I had 1 guild the first few month, but I felt I was forced to join the trading guild for selling my goods, cause my primary guild was just a small casual guild. I saw ppl switching guilds, like it didn't mean anything to them, and I felt kinda sad about it. Luckily, in Ashes you can only join 1 guild!

There will be plenty of class combinations in Ashes, so I hope you find the character you like.
    (If you didn't know there will be 8 classes, and later on you can choose between 8 sub-classes).

I came to this game because it's a Sandbox game, crafting will have meaning, Subscription and no P2W and hopefully exploration and PvP will be good, as that's something I do most.
    But like you, i'm a dad as well, so MMORPGs isn't really the best thing to play. But I've been playing MMOs since I was 13 and I'm not letting it go just yet. So I hope Ashes will be a place I can come to, when I have a hour or two to play. I might not be competitive against the majority of the game, but as long I can gather a little for my crafting, explore the world and talk to my guildies, then I'm happy. :)

Btw, jump on Discord to chat with your fellow Ashes members and get all new information about the game first hand.
    https://discordapp.com/invite/AshesofCreation .

Cya around :)
  • Options
    I have discord up already I just need to learn me some skills on it!

(spend some time playing with it)
  • Options
    Zahh Theosis! Welcome to the Forums xP. I'm Rimirg. I don't know if I can do much, but I'm here to help. Anyways... I'm terrible at conversations... so yea. Once again, welcome :D
  • Options
    I don't people well myself.

I just used people as a verb, ~shrug~