Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My CONSOLE button mapping from 8 years of MMO experience.

BlairBlair Member
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
While I am aware that there are no plans for a console release anytime soon I wanted to give you guys a ruff idea of how to build the button mapping in the future as many MMO's and poor PC ports struggle to understand how we use them. (for some reason) Please like if you enjoy this content and thank you for reading. :) Also feel free to comment for improvement.

MAIN MENU: (A) Interact___(LS) up, down___(D-pad) up, down

OPTIONS MENU: (A) Interact___(LB, RB) change Option category___(LS, D-pad) up, down/ change configuration type ___(LS, D-pad) left, right/ change configuration value

UN-MOUNTED MOVEMENT: (LS) right, left, forward, backward___(LS click) sprint/other base movement ability {if applicable}___(RS) move camera___(LB+A) jump

HOTBAR SLOTS: X, Y, B, LB+X, LB+Y, LB+B, D-pad up, D-pad down, D-pad left, D-pad right, RB, RT {RT best basic attack}

RANGED WEAPON/ABILITY: (LT) aim and activates weapon ability hotbar with previous slots {if applicable}___(RT) fire

MAP/BAG/GEAR: (restore down button) activate window___(RB,LB locked to window until removed) change category___(D-pad locked to window until removed) up, down, left, right/ change highlighted option___(A) interact

IN-GAME MENU/SKILLS/SHOP/OPTIONS/OTHER: (Menu button) open menu___(D-pad/LS) up, down/ change highlighted option____(A) interact

HIGHLIGHT/ INTERACT: (A) interact with centaur cursor___(RS click) highlight closest centre curser enemy

Rest of the game is still unknown at this time, updates may follow.

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While I think playing MMOs with anything other than a proper MMO mouse, and keyboard is complete blasphemy. I do enjoy with people take issues into their own hands, and DIY their own solutions get desired input methods. I had to hand wire a custom keyboard to get the input method I wanted for FFXI.

Do you use joystick to mouse emulation or other out of game software or hardware shenanigan's?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    BlairBlair Member
    edited January 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    While I think playing MMOs with anything other than a proper MMO mouse, and keyboard is complete blasphemy. I do enjoy with people take issues into their own hands, and DIY their own solutions get desired input methods. I had to hand wire a custom keyboard to get the input method I wanted for FFXI.

Do you use joystick to mouse emulation or other out of game software or hardware shenanigan's?

I used add-ons and a system called wowmapper for classic WOW. simple things like new UI, curser invisible and centred until clicked, that sort of stuff.