Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Performance comparison

How would I be able to compare my own performance in relation to that of others, whether it being in a party or a raid? I've read that damage meters will not be a thing and they will be against the tos. Though, I'd still like to be able to see some kind of statistic to know if I need to step up my game or change something in my gear, rotation or general skill.

My thoughts for example: An activity/contribution meter in percentages or maybe some after combat log that shows overall damage or healing done.

I wouldn't want to be carried throughout the whole game unknowingly.

Comments

• Options
    Hyruler wrote: »
    My thoughts for example: An activity/contribution meter in percentages or maybe some after combat log that shows overall damage or healing done.

At this point, they could just implement a DPS meter, no?
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I dont see a problem with having a after combat log with damage done etc but tbh... If something needs to be changed you notice it from the encounter itselve and your party members. Like if you get wiped as a party and you are the last one alive every time maybe its a good idea to swap out defence gear for more damage. Or if every time a specific class has the tendency to die on a location its good to avoid and play around it rather then tweaking your healing just above a specific amount to survive the burst.
    Maybe iam based for coming from games that never had a option for this. But i could not imagine picking meters over watching a screen of beautifull undisturbed graphics and have a 'feel' for the combat and have actual teamwork and yes sometimes you got to carry a noob. Instead of proving he or she is the problem. Imo better this then watching at a screen that looks more like stock market charting software :s
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    You'll just have to pay closer attention to what you and people in general are doing to get a grasp of your performance. Rarely is the DPS what counts, but if you actually do the mechanics which you should be paying attention to.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    you could tell who was strong before dps meters were a thing.
    I doubt that's changed
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I don’t like DPS meters, they are mainly a source of elitism and toxicity (see WoW on many negative aspects of this)

although I did not see a information about what your party has contributed to the encounter, I do not think that at a personal comparative should influence as much as at a group , especially understanding that most dungeons will not be instantiated and that allows other groups to join the fight
  • Options
    I don't think we need DPS meters, for the reasons previously stated. It sounds like you care enough to ask your guild or other players for advice on how to perform better.
    I would assume that I'm not doing anything wrong until someone who's opinion I value says otherwise.
    - If you are repeatedly standing in the bad stuff or not seeing the visual clues that an ability is about to land where you are standing then someone might speak up.
    - If you're stood around not attacking when everyone else is attacking then someone might speak up.
    - If you are wondering off on your own when everyone else is running around as a mob in a PvX scenario then someone might speak up.
    If people start telling you how to play your character then you have to decide whether it is valid feedback or not. Ask yourself if it is a friendly suggestion aimed at helping your game experience or just someone who wants to feel big by making others feel small.
    Forum_Signature.png