Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Cosmetics

Our cosmetics. How will we receive them once the game launches? I'm not a big fan of the mail system. The longer the game runs, the more of them you get when you make an alt. How do they get presented to you in-game?

In terms of houses (landplots etc) I'd much prefer to talk to an architect (NPC) and be shown some in-game drawings of what the house would look like. Rather than say a window popping up. Presentation and all.

And what about clothing cosmetics? Will they just take up a lot of inventory spots somewhere? Or will we be able to access a tailor and select our outfit from their gallery (if one doesn't have a home) possibly even for a small fee. Or ones own gallery if one has a home (changing there would be free)

Perhaps I'm alone in not liking my mailbox filled to the brim with purchases I've made over the years. It would, at least for me. Be infinitely better if they were presented to me in a much more immersive manner.
l8im8pj8upjq.gif

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can't find a specific quote, but all of the verbiage about cosmetic Items on the wiki makes me think that they are items that take inventory space, and have a corresponding slot on your paper doll.

I don't think we are getting anything like FFXIVs glamor system or WOWs appearance collection system.
    Houses might just have an appearance slot like FFXIV.

This is just my interpretation of the wiki, I would love to know more.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good question for the next Q&A
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]

• TaoTao Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NkcjZin.png
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I can't find a specific quote, but all of the verbiage about cosmetic Items on the wiki makes me think that they are items that take inventory space, and have a corresponding slot on your paper doll.

I don't think we are getting anything like FFXIVs glamor system or WOWs appearance collection system.

So, for those players who buy every month's cosmetics to help support the game, they're going to have no inventory space from the get-go?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

So, for those players who buy every month's cosmetics to help support the game, they're going to have no inventory space from the get-go?!
    Maybe, I would hope not. Great question for the Q&A.

I would bet that they don't take up inventory space until redeemed. Then god help you if you redeem it all at once. Zero evidence for that, just a gut feeling.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Uhm, I really hope the inventory has a cosmetic tab, if it is inventory based. Cash shop purchases should never fill up your inventory. There shouldn’t even be a limit of how much can be held in this cosmetic tab either, considering how many things will be available.
  • Cypher wrote: »
    I really hope the inventory has a cosmetic tab, if it is inventory based. Cash shop purchases should never fill up your inventory. There shouldn’t even be a limit of how much can be held in this cosmetic tab either, considering how many things will be available.

That would be my preference, certainly. Buying from the cosmetic shop shouldn't penalise you in-game.
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is no way that cosmetics will fill up your normal inventory. Steven said that he even hates it when quest items do this, so there will be most likely a wardrobe system
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I asked this questions a long time ago on the discord since I too was worried (so info could've changed) but the overall answer was that there would be a separate inventory as you would be able to change purchased cosmetics for characters that aren't equipping it.

Example was like: If your main wears a blue shirt cosmetic, if they unequip it and it's in the cosmetic inventory you can then equip blue shirt to your alt. Or something along those lines.
  • Jamation wrote: »

I asked this questions a long time ago on the discord since I too was worried (so info could've changed) but the overall answer was that there would be a separate inventory as you would be able to change purchased cosmetics for characters that aren't equipping it.

Example was like: If your main wears a blue shirt cosmetic, if they unequip it and it's in the cosmetic inventory you can then equip blue shirt to your alt. Or something along those lines.

That's good. Thanks for the info.
  • Wardrobe systems are great. I hope Ashes implements one. I hate having my inventory / bank full of items I only use during holidays.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would also hope for a mount inventory space, in the livestream videos the mounts litter the main inventory. I don't want mounts, cosmetics, quest items or resources to reduce my inventory space.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hope for a wardrobe system too, as far as I know cosmetics are only usable on one character/house/mount at a time so you can't outfit all of your characters the same way.