Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Feeding the wild animals?

So I have this home stead and a wild animal makes a home behind it.
Its nice and cuddly so I give it a name and make him my outdoor pet.
Along comes some player and starts killing it. I yell "Stop!! He's Woogles, my outdoor pet!"
The player ignores my pleas. If I attack him and lower his hit points just enough that Woogles
get the killing blow, will I be flagged Red? Will I be able to loot his corpse for 100% non combatant
status?

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I believe the situation relates to time periods rather than damage done. However, I flit in and out of this experience and my information might not be current.

If you flag on someone and they die, you are still flagged, which means your flag should change red from purple. Only if they are green when they die though.

I wouldn't feed the wild animals for you could become a wild animal.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Hows this work if I'm flagged for PVP(not red) and some numb nutz is running away after almost being killed by something and runs into my "icy dagger of fire ballz" spell and dies?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    you have to accept the pvp, you can't just randomly hit someone in Ashes. The team are well versed in MMOs and know the old 'AoE Flag' trick.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I came here thinking you were posing a system for stray pets...instead you turn it into a PVP thread. I'm sad and I hope you wake up tomorrow morning with a crick in your neck ;)
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    No, you only go Red if you kill them. You're just an arse if you let the creature do it for you.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Please, don't feed the wild animals.

dontfeedwildlife.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

That being said, corruption status is only applied to the player who has dealt the killing blow. Attacking the other dude only flags you for combat, and given the death penalty system he'll likely fight back.

Now you two go have fun.