Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea to make artisan classes "more special"

I'm not sure if this is a thing already, but if not i think it would be really cool to have something like this in game.
For example, let's say there is an "ice dragon" boss on some mountain which could be part of side quest or just stay there hidden to make the whole thing more rare (as well as making exploring the world rewarding).
And after group slays it, it can drop a recipe for "ice sword"(or it could drop only to master crafter). Also if someone from the group has gathering mastered they can loot "ice dragon's tooth"(only the master gatherer can see that item in "loot window") which is used to craft "ice sword".
Considering that dragon would be extremely rare or maybe only 1 time spawn (or 1/month, 1/ingame winter) it would make the owner of the sword really proud(they would also look badass) of themselves as well as the crafter who had privilege to craft something so rare (some book with top crafters on the server and the craft that makes them so good could be a thing too) .
Also the sword would look so awesome that when people see it they envy the owner of it and maybe even go look for the same dragon themselves.
Also that should be the only way to "obtain" ice sword. The sword itself could have some lore behind it which would make it even more epic. The "sword" could be an armor piece, accessory, helmet.. anything.
Excuse my poor English and thanks for dropping by :)

Comments

• Options
    From the wiki:

"High-level materials
    Materials for crafting high-level items are obtained from world bosses and through the deconstruction of other high-level items.[3]

Many end level items with crafting will require mats from world bosses etc. we want those systems intertwined. However. There may be opportunities to deconstruct high level items and replace those needed materials as well. We will be testing the crafting trees in alpha and beta.[3] – Steven Sharif
    "

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Materials#High-level_materials
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Thanks, but can those high level materials be picked up/looted by anyone or you need to have appropriate artisan lvl to do so?
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will at least be some that require the appropriate gathering skill to get.
  • Options
    Takagi wrote: »
    Thanks, but can those high level materials be picked up/looted by anyone or you need to have appropriate artisan lvl to do so?

appropriate skill in many cases, instant loot in others. mixture of both
  • Options
    Okay, i'm glad to hear that ^^ Thanks for answering