Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guess Game: Release Schedule

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hello,
there's goes my guess:

We know that Alpha-1 will be from early April to early May
My guess for Alpha-2 is at fall this year, early 2022 at later
Beta-1 could be in late spring 2022
Beta-2 could from early to mid summer
My guess for release would be Fall 2022 to winter 2022-2023 at later

Comments

• Options
    Fall 2022 is completely utopic in my opinion, although it depends on what compromises they are willing to make to release early. MMO betas are not like betas in most other games, there's so many variables that only come in play when you have massive amounts of players that they won't be able to see certain issues until they have a sizeable player count. As such, whenever the beta comes out, expect the game to take close to a full year until it's done, minimum, assuming that Intrepid is willing to iron out all the major issues prelaunch. I personally expect the game to come out in late 2023 or even sometime in 2024. Anything earlier than that would surprise me a lot.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    If I had to give you my opinion, it'd be something like this.

Alpha 1: April 2021 - November 2021 (We know that May isn't when Alpha 1 ends, that's just the current public roadmap. They've said that there'll almost certainly be more tests after May)

Alpha 2: January/February 2022 - December 2022

Beta 1: February 2023 - March 2023

Beta 2: April 2023 - May 2023

Release: June/July 2023
    BigPapa wrote: »
    Fall 2022 is completely utopic in my opinion, although it depends on what compromises they are willing to make to release early. MMO betas are not like betas in most other games, there's so many variables that only come in play when you have massive amounts of players that they won't be able to see certain issues until they have a sizeable player count. As such, whenever the beta comes out, expect the game to take close to a full year until it's done, minimum, assuming that Intrepid is willing to iron out all the major issues prelaunch. I personally expect the game to come out in late 2023 or even sometime in 2024. Anything earlier than that would surprise me a lot.

They've already confirmed that by the time Ashes enters Beta, the game will be pretty much done. Beta is just for last minute bug fixes/marketing.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule#Beta_testing
    The game should be pretty much done (at beta stage) and final polish and stuff like that being put in. We don't want people to get totally burnt out on the game before we actually release. So once we get to the beta phases it should be short and sweet.[71] – Jeffrey Bard
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Full release - Summer 2025
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Alpha 2 Fall 2021/Winter 2022
    Beta 1 Late Spring/Early Summer 2022
    Beta 2 Late Fall 2022
    Full Release Early Summer 2023

That's assuming Covid dies down and other dilemmas or sources of delays don't occur. This is also pretty ambitious. Keep in mind we haven't seen any naval content and we have a very small fraction of the total class system. That's assuming they don't need to do any massive overhauls or reworks to the engine or base code.

Realistically this game is 2-4 years out.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think Alpha 2 will be in the last few months of 2021

But I don't think we'll see the rest of the game since the robots will takeover in 2022 :D
  • Options
    If the game is released as late as 2025... Hopefully they take the time to migrate from UE4 to UE5.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4737xfvdhwqovr9jx0xjff8czx8evo56pzt724k8or&rid=giphy.gif

"An MMO is never late, it arrives precisely when it means to"
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Is it so crazy to see it by the end of 2021 early 2022? ,although seeing the route they want to follow, starting from February there will not be much time between one test and another (if even being tests) but still reading deeper of the route, they want the alpha 2 to be persistent, assuming that it takes 2-3 months from alpha 1
    and they want the betas to be something fast and short-lived.
    but really if it lasted 1year in alfa2 keeping the servers always open, it would be like shooting yourself in the foot, because people burned it in that year, almost certainly.

maybe it’s crazy and it’s my hope that it won’t take long
  • Options
    Beta-1 could be in late spring 2022
    My dumb brain was like, "oh god, that's like four years from now..."
    Now that my brain's actually realized how years work, I think that seems semi-realistic :P
  • Options
    Release - Winter 2022
  • Options
    Alpha 2 start late Fall - Winter 2021 (If alpha 2 is persistent it maybe is very long and the bethas are short)
    Betha 1 start maybe late Fall - Winter 2022
    Betha 2 start maybe late Spring - Summer 2023
    Release maybe Fall - Winter 2023
    Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum
    USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
    Ask a Question
  • Options
    Samson wrote: »
    If the game is released as late as 2025... Hopefully they take the time to migrate from UE4 to UE5.

I am assuming at this point their codebase has so many changes from base UE4 that merging it with the all the changes in UE5 would be a complete nightmare. But yes if it comes out that late, it would be nice to be ported to UE5, however I'm not expecting it.
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I tried to be a bit optimist with a release in later winter 2022-2023.