Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

idea for pvp enthusiasts of a Military node

Hey pvp enthusiasts what do you think of the idea of a system or event that allows people(possible spectators) to bet between two players(or group) and the pot money goes to tax, the participants(tentative) and the winners of the bet, whereas the losing bets goes to the node. Of course there are limitations for participation like

-only allowing those who are at the top rankings (top 10, 20 or 30 maybe?)
-some kind of nomination by the masses on who are the ones they wanna see fight

I like pvp and just the thought of raking in money while fighting is kind of exciting I guess.

Comments

• Options
    Betting goes well with arenas, i saw it in action in multiple games. But outside of arenas i dont think it would work well
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited January 2021
    ive delved into this with a similar idea and everyone says gambling is going to be too complicated for the creators to implement due to laws in the EU in particular.

I still believe though.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I also thought it would go well with arenas especially if the idea of spectating a match will be implemented.
    ive delved into this with a similar idea and everyone says gambling is going to be too complicated for the creators to implement due to laws in the EU in particular.

That is indeed a big problem, the idea is cool but hard to realize :(

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited January 2021
    Sathrago wrote: »

I still believe though.

@Sathrago

Its quite amusing that so much blame shifts on the EU, when the EU is much more lenient with online gambling with real money then the united states are.

Just look at Online Poker, which is only allowed in 5 states within the US but in the vast majority of EU states.
    The problem doesn't come from a uniform EU-wide law in regards to gambeling online. Quite the opposite, even: In 2008 germany wanted to ban almost all forms of online gaming, which the EU ruled as invalid.

This misconecption appeard thanks to belgium determining loot boxes to be gambling a couple of years back. Belgium is however the strictest state in terms of anti-gambling laws. Laws which mostly do not apply to most EU countries. Others simply require a License, some others again are even more liberal than that.

The only real problem you have regarding gambling in online games are basic consumer protection laws (especially of minors) and other shady practices which simply wouldn't apply to strictly ingame gambling.

tldr betting on arena matches is just fine in the EU. Even in Belgium, this wouldn't be considered gambling as of now.
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »

I still believe though.

@Sathrago

Its quite amusing that so much blame shifts on the EU, when the EU is much more lenient with online gambling with real money then the united states are.

Just look at Online Poker, which is only allowed in 5 states within the US but in the vast majority of EU states.
    The problem doesn't come from a uniform EU-wide law in regards to gambeling online. Quite the opposite, even: In 2008 germany wanted to ban almost all forms of online gaming, which the EU ruled as invalid.

This misconecption appeard thanks to belgium determining loot boxes to be gambling a couple of years back. Belgium is however the strictest state in terms of anti-gambling laws. Laws which mostly do not apply to most EU countries. Others simply require a License, some others again are even more liberal than that.

The only real problem you have regarding gambling in online games are basic consumer protection laws (especially of minors) and other shady practices which simply wouldn't apply to strictly ingame gambling.

tldr betting on arena matches is just fine in the EU. Even in Belgium, this wouldn't be considered gambling as of now.

Thats nice to know. suck it haters! MURDER PITS FOR EVERYONE!
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu