Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The limits of casual solo players

Hello ! My name is Pierre and I am a french MMO player, or should I say an old one because nowadays I don't have so much time to play but I'll be stupid not trying your game because it looks amazing (nail the combat plz ! ^^ ) !

As I said I will not be able to explore every part of the game and that's fair, I do believe myself that people who puts a lot of effort in the game should be awarded a better loot and have a better experience in game than a casual player like myself.

I will probably only play something like 5-6 hours a week therefore I will probably not have any guild but I love PVE and RP features. When will I be blocked in the game ? Is it just endgame or will I not be able to reach 50 ? Will I be able to progress to my artisan class to the point where I can be relevant to other players ?
Basically : How much of the game in percentage will I be able to "complete"? (I am expecting a low number so do not worry it will not prevent me from buying the game)

Thanks for your time

Ps: thank you for cuting ties with my.com by the way :)

Comments

• Options
    Is there not a casual non-solo experience you should be looking at?
    I mean, that commonly pops up with my mate that does casual solo GW2 for years now...
    It's not like there aren't better games/genres that you can consume at your pace and would not require you interacting with people.
    Don't get me wrong, to each their own, but it feels like you're "going to the strip club for the buffet".

I'm probably gonna be limited to the shallow end of the pool as well, with my game time per week fluctuating between 15 and 25h a week(and I'll probably try to trick a couple of mates that cap at that or a bit lower, I mean, damn, life sure gets in the way of us reliving the golden days of only having L2 on our mind). But I hope that doesn't bar me from the MMO aspects of this MMO game.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Weedlinen

While the game does put a heavy focus on group and social play, Intrepid are well aware that solo players need stuff they can do too. The node system is designed to help with this. For example, you can join a node and contribute to it without needing to join a guild or even group with anyone, if you wish. Sure you won't be able to do everything that a group can, but you will still impact the world and have things you can do solo.

I hope that answers your question so I'm going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.