Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster coin event monsters

Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Just for a little bit of fun, let's come up with some ideas for things we'd like to see attack the nodes during the monster coin events.

For me, I'd love to see a skeletal army, complete with Bone Giants from the old Warhammer Fantasy games:
latest.png

And for the legendary monster coins, you could summon this guy (one of my favourite WoW boss designs):
150774-lord-marrowgar.png

So, go wild guys. What kind of monsters would you like to fight during the monster coin events?
volunteer_moderator.gif

Comments

• Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 2021
    Something winged and flying, so that we have to attack it a different way. Like in Skyrim when you've just got used to fighting melee, and you fight your first dragon and have to re-think your whole strategy.
    Maybe an army of small winged creatures?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Just for a little bit of fun, let's come up with some ideas for things we'd like to see attack the nodes during the monster coin events.

For me, I'd love to see a skeletal army, complete with Bone Giants from the old Warhammer Fantasy games:
    latest.png

And for the legendary monster coins, you could summon this guy (one of my favourite WoW boss designs):
    150774-lord-marrowgar.png

So, go wild guys. What kind of monsters would you like to fight during the monster coin events?

I could totally see players getting "corrupt" versions of classes like the necromancer and one of the goals as that particular monster would be to group up and summon these bone giants.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 2021
    Maybe Coastal Nodes could be attacked by mermen, pirates, or a leviathan, etc.
    mermen-list-03.jpg

Basically, anything from "Cabin In The Woods" would be awesome :D:D:D
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love to see some type of fungal or woodland type creatures that could poison/spore other monsters or players and potentially turn them into fungal monsters to fight on its side. Perhaps there could be some mechanic that allows a player to "cure" or weaken these turned things and it'd be like a balancing act between defeating the main monster thing and keeping enough people on your side.

l2rl2c4pp0jl.jpg
  • Options

I would like a Monster Coin 'Defender' option

i3k37HW.png
  • Options
    Cadac wrote: »
    I would like a Monster Coin 'Defender' option

i3k37HW.png

Yeah! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jamation wrote: »
    I'd love to see some type of fungal or woodland type creatures that could poison/spore other monsters or players and potentially turn them into fungal monsters to fight on its side. Perhaps there could be some mechanic that allows a player to "cure" or weaken these turned things and it'd be like a balancing act between defeating the main monster thing and keeping enough people on your side.

l2rl2c4pp0jl.jpg

That is an awesome design for a boss, and we already have mushrooms as basic mobs in Ashes so who knows, might happen :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    How about old fashioned gigantism.....with teeth!

gZcy9Wq.jpg
  • Options
    Cadac wrote: »
    How about old fashioned gigantism.....with teeth!

gZcy9Wq.jpg

... and a humanoid arm....
  • Options
    When you fail Monster Coin event, there are consequences.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not so much a single boss, but would like to see the occasional monster coin event that involved several dozen players operating mobs, perhaps a few rodents of unusual size.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Zombie Hordes. I love to massacre Zombie Hordes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    There are a lot of coastal nodes, so I hope at some point they get their own flavor.

WG3ILAN.jpg
  • Options
    Fantasy_Fantastic_monster_and_skeletons_068262_.jpg
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    Anything from within the game, y'know. Also preferably not something silly or "funny", no overly large chickens for a funny hehe event. I hate that stuff, pulls me right out of my immersion.
  • Options
    consultantconsultant Member
    edited February 2021
    Well I like Dragons in general was thinking that monsters coins for like demonic bunnies would be more accessable and less accessable at max level because monsters are stronger and there fore the coin associanted to that monster more difficult to get.

I know a demonic monster coin does not to exciting but sounds pretty cool. Like lets say at I get a level 5 demonic bunny monster no big deal just go out and try to gank some low level toons. So players would be roleplaying monsters out in the open world. And since there are plenty of open world dungeouns could go into thost dungeouns as monsters. So basically toons get to play monsters.

Lets say you had to kill like one or two players at appropriate level to complet task or achievement or unlock greater monster coins be great for open world pvp.

Aslo would like some earth elemtals in the mix.
  • Options
    How about 1 boss with significant enough parts such that 2 or more players control those various parts. Work together.

Or one boss that for a short time carries other smaller sub-bosses each of which are controlled by other players.
  • Options
    xydrassialxydrassial Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1 million Squirrels
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Swipar wrote: »
    1 million Squirrels

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I just imagined the player controlling a hoard of squirrels rolling a gigantic acorn toward a metropolis and trying to bury it in the city.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »
    Swipar wrote: »
    1 million Squirrels

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I just imagined the player controlling a hoard of squirrels rolling a gigantic acorn toward a metropolis and trying to bury it in the city.

I would sub just to see this event in real time
  • Options
    Just about any mob, boss like what was in The Witcher 3. The artwork in that game was awesome!