Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[POLL] Which primary archetype do you intend on playing?

RileyRiley Member, Intrepid Pack
edited January 2021 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    All of them, eventually, but likely focusing on a Tank as my main. Summoner is probably next in line, then Fighter, then Cleric.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tank all the way. I'm excited to experiment with the secondary classes and am hopeful the name changes from tank to literally anything else.
  • Options
    EloElo Member
    Fighter, dual wield. I like to move around a lot while fighting. I like tab target because it feels more strategic usually. I like to travel to the farthest, loneliest places on the map and grind for hours until I get a rare recipe drop. I love that Ashes of Creation will not have typical fast travel.
  • Options
    Summoner
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    K so 133 votes in and I am SHOCKED to see that so many, including myself, have chosen Cleric. Its currently leading with 21, Summoner hot in 2nd with 20. It absolutely pleases me to death that people aren't shying away from the healing class.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wow, surprisingly good spread!
  • Options
    There was a pole similar to this one posted a little bit ago: https://strawpoll.com/3a5a9ug5w/r

I summarized it a bit better visually in this table : https://imgur.com/a/d1llisZ

• Options
    Muppet2703Muppet2703 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll probably be going the paladin or apostle with a two-handed build. I like the idea of being able to support me and my allies while wielding a big boy sword.
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I want to try a couple of different ones, but think I will start off with Mage. I know we're a significant time away from release still and don't know too much info about the archetypes yet, but it's nice seeing such an even spread in the poll!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MorekMorek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know this is a small, fractional slice of the player base, but that spread is stupid even.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Oh haven't seen one of these in a while.

Probably a Cleric type with an emphasis on "kickassery" B)

Class is of course secondary since it's all about being Tulnar first!

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited January 2021
    I typically go for healers but I'm excited about what I've read so far about the Bard so I'm starting with that instead. Few games do the support role well so hopefully this one lives up to expectations. No clue what yet what my secondary class would be. I am excited that there aren't too many Bards in the poll yet - it's always more fun to be needed!
  • Options
    I want to be a Healer!
  • Options
    CasForeldaCasForelda Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My first toon will be going straight to High Priest as a ClericxCleric
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    K so 133 votes in and I am SHOCKED to see that so many, including myself, have chosen Cleric. Its currently leading with 21, Summoner hot in 2nd with 20. It absolutely pleases me to death that people aren't shying away from the healing class.

I am 100% running a Cleric! No one can change my mind either. I was born to heal and do it well so yea :)
  • Options
    While I'm really interested in Ranger, especially because I want to tame creatures pretty much as a core source of gameplay and gold, I'm concerned with the combat pets being a sacrifice in power and then the pet is expected to make up for that power drop. Of course Falconer is an option, as is Beastmaster (though that would require starting as a summoner). I want a classic Ranger with a bow and their pet type playstyle. While currently I main a Hunter in WoW, it's rather lack luster because you don't even use your pet 90% of the time as the marksmanship spec.
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rogue (Cultist) or Summoner (Necromancer) for me, once I can learn more about either of them I'll have a concrete idea what I really want.

I really want to be a Nercromancer but it will largely depend on how AoC handles them. I've yet to play a game where a Necromancer feels like a Necromancer and not just another mage....
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bard for sure second I will have to wait for more information.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rogue, Ranger or Bard.
    Depends on how they will implement their gameplay.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Rogue --> Sin, Summoner --> Necro ..hardest choice I ever had to make for a main.
  • Options
    I wanna make something that will approximate a final fantasy Dragoon.

I am guessing I'll have to start with Fighter and then add some magical class. The "Censure" skill on Clerics looks close to it, but I don't quite care for the healing parts.

We'll see as we get more info on the class augments.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    krozairkrozair Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want to try summoner, hope it will be possible to make a build where you do more with summons (If possible even good looking ones) then with attack spells but I fear this will not be the case.
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

I see another man of culture, well meet mood Kindred!
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've wanted to play Py-Rai Bard for some time, however, due to Racial Attributes the race may change, and, after Alpha 2, the class may also change.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Don't know enough about the archetypes to put the right name on what I'm interested the most into. How much the secondary class brings to the mix could also change my starting choice.

Rogue vs Fighter vs Ranger.
    Bard and Mage also appeal to me.

What to mix with what?
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Whatever combination allows heavy 2 handed damage while giving some tanking viability. So based on nothing but speculation, dreadnaught?
  • Options
    Corbin_DallasCorbin_Dallas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wow. I always play a healer and atm it's the number one voted class.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, tanks seem to be limited so far on the poll above. Luckily, in the older polls with more votes, Tanks were more common.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    From the first look i would have to say Scout sneak in throw a couple of mellee attacks then strike from farther away. Thats how i imagine but have to wait till we see some more of the options of dual classes.