Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about Religion & "Good/Evil"

So I've been lightly following this game for a while and I've been trying to understand how its going to work . I apologize if this is a topic that's been covered a thousand times already - I'm just trying to figure out the distinctions in my stupid brain.

So supposedly there's 6-10 religions that we can choose from in the game last I checked and those religions will tie in to the good/evil paths for your character based on some questlines.

So I assume some faith options will be good and some evil? Or there will be a good/evil option for each domain?

So my main question is how this might work on an individual character level and what sort of choices and ramifications it might have.

Let me put it into an example to explain Let's say I want to play a character that's a lot like Darth Vader or Malekith. I pick the Empyrean Elves and I play a tank and go death cleric secondary class to make a "dark knight" sort of character.

So then we come to religion/alignment. Could I say - follow a religion of Order and pick evil options for a sort of Lawful Evil approach? I'm playing this knight with a code of law and conduct, but its an evil sort of order that's tyrannical. Would that have a potential aesthetic effect on my character or their actions?

Or say I want to play a Chaotic Evil sort of character that goes pure demon summoner and wants to just destroy everything and follows the god of destruction with purely malicious intentions. Would another character be able to choose the god of destruction and be more benevolent?

I imagine its too early to tell on most of this stuff - I'm just trying to figure out how these systems are meant to work based on what we've been given so far.

Comments

• I don't believe we have a clear cut answer at this point in time.

I'm not entirely sure one religion will "pigeonhole" you into being good or evil.

However I seem to remember reading on the wiki that there might be a chance of certain spells or summons having different appearances depending on one's choice of religion (the effects still being the same across the board, with perhaps different flavors of damage type: necrotic vs holy perhaps)

No word on quests and other "life paths" so to speak, I think
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    I don't believe we have a clear cut answer at this point in time.

I'm not entirely sure one religion will "pigeonhole" you into being good or evil.

However I seem to remember reading on the wiki that there might be a chance of certain spells or summons having different appearances depending on one's choice of religion (the effects still being the same across the board, with perhaps different flavors of damage type: necrotic vs holy perhaps)

No word on quests and other "life paths" so to speak, I think

I see! Summoning and spell vfx/flavor would be really neat for sure. Thanks. :)