Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How much depth is there into the government system?

We have a mayor, but are there other positions that can either be up for election as well, or positions that can be given from the mayor. Likewise how organized are sieges, does the mayor assign roles etc.

Comments

• Options
    RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    I'm really interested in this too. I used to play MUDs and the ones in particular I enjoyed the most had player-run cities and villages. The system was democratic with all the players who were citizens of a city getting a vote. Each city was run by a council who would then choose one among them as the highest office. This council and leader could then either set up the other roles (Ministers of Commerce/Combat/Newbies, Aides) to be voted on or just assign them directly.

I'm hoping there will be a similar robust government, and if it's already detailed out in the wiki...well, I haven't gotten that far yet! Still working my way through it all.

edit: @bloodprophet just linked the Wiki below. That answers some questions!
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the community.
    We don't have a ton of info yet. This is what we have so far.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_governments
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm so curious too!!
    I hope there are enough layers to government that it requires a team of people to run a node
    I wish I were deep and tragic