Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will the new ashes of creation website have a balance section to add funds to?

ShimarioShimario Member
edited February 2021 in Support & FAQ
Will the new website have a section where you can have a balance? So for example, battle.net has a section where you can add money to your battle.net balance. Will the new website have something like that, since they're getting rid of xsolla?

Comments

• Always nice to have, some people could use it to save up for an alpha or beta pack even.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not sure why you would want Intrepid to hang on to your money rather then you hanging on to your money?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    Think of it as using it as a savings for AoC. Not everyone is good at holding onto money for a game for years while they wait. This way they could add a bit to the wallet/balance over time as they have excess or feel like building it up.

"Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rhuric wrote: »
    Think of it as using it as a savings for AoC. Not everyone is good at holding onto money for a game for years while they wait. This way they could add a bit to the wallet/balance over time as they have excess or feel like building it up.

You are taking a versatile currency, and limiting it so that it can only be used in one place.

There are better ways to partition your real world money to save effectively. As much as I like Intrepid, I would not encourage anyone to save in this manner. You never know what is going to happen in your future. Given the right set of circumstances the few extra bucks you are squirrelling away for a game could be a game changer in real life.

I would encourage anyone to try and keep their savings as flexible as possible. If people flag for PvP, or start sieging your node IRL. You are going to want all of the resources you have access to.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Hi there! While not a direct cash balance on your account, our profile system does already have a section for you to view your Ember balance on the right-hand side, and you can choose the "Buy Embers" option to have some on hand if you so desire! Please keep in mind that these Embers will be used for in-game purchases (as they were in Apocalypse in the past), and any pre-order purchases in our shop currently only support IRL currencies.

Be sure to keep an eye out for an upcoming article that will be going into more detail as to the new features you can expect from the website, though most of the early updates will likely just be changes to improve the informational pages we currently have :smiley:

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer for you in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.