Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Piracy

2»

Comments

• Options
    I played Sea of Thieves in Beta. It was very entertaining at the time and had some great naval battles. I had too much going on to invest in the game when it came out though.

I'm curious how naval combat would work without gun powder? Will there be cannons in game that are powered by magic? Otherwise it will be a very different type of naval combat for sure.
  • Options
    Frostshot wrote: »
    I played Sea of Thieves in Beta. It was very entertaining at the time and had some great naval battles. I had too much going on to invest in the game when it came out though.

I'm curious how naval combat would work without gun powder? Will there be cannons in game that are powered by magic? Otherwise it will be a very different type of naval combat for sure.

They made mention of magic based weaponry
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Merek wrote: »
    Mowaby wrote: »
    With the ability to pull a mount out of your ass at whim, being attacked in general doesn't worry me. Attack me on my ship and I'll just pull a flying mount out and fly away, lol.

So you will be one of the 10-20 people on your server with a flying mount?

If that's still the case, I'll just pull some aquatic mount out and speed away. No need to worry about being attacked when I have a getaway vehicle in my back pocket at all times.

Because no one else can have a swimming mount?
  • Options
    With the ability to pull a mount out of your ass at whim, being attacked in general doesn't worry me. Attack me on my ship and I'll just pull a flying mount out and fly away, lol.

If that's still the case, I'll just pull some aquatic mount out and speed away. No need to worry about being attacked when I have a getaway vehicle in my back pocket at all times.

Well the most logical way to deal with aquatic mounts is to have a daze mechanic or at alternatively a ton of scary crap in the water that slows, pulls, and is generally dangerous to aggro. Then you have boats where sea creatures, aside from big stuff like megalodons or krakens, will not even aggro as long as you stay on it. I think that would be a decent way to tackle the differences between the two.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Here is what we know about naval content so far:

https://ashes101.com/naval

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

So we know some things but not a lot. It’s promising though.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    xydrassialxydrassial Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ninjas>Pirates
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Swipar wrote: »
    Ninjas>Pirates

You can be a ninja and a pirate in AoC.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

Well the most logical way to deal with aquatic mounts is to have a daze mechanic or at alternatively a ton of scary crap in the water that slows, pulls, and is generally dangerous to aggro. Then you have boats where sea creatures, aside from big stuff like megalodons or krakens, will not even aggro as long as you stay on it. I think that would be a decent way to tackle the differences between the two.
    I don't necessarily like that idea, filling the ocean with a load of throwaway, strong mobs just so people can't explore is what they did in ArcheAge, it was really boring. Boss mobs are fine, I'd definitely like to see some, but don't spam unkillable jellyfish everywhere just because you don't want people swimming.
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    Swipar wrote: »
    Ninjas>Pirates

You can be a ninja and a pirate in AoC.

A ninjate?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pirate Ninja:
    633269_ebarranco_pirate-ninja.png?f1534472372
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif