Can we start the next Dev discussion early?

CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds
edited February 3 in Support & FAQ
Seems like the last Dev Discussion was started mid-January. I would hate to wait 2 more weeks to start up the next discussion when the previous one is now done and we got the results. Especially because the next discussion “Ideal Class” if I recall, seems like a rather trivial and simple topic which would be nice to just get done and onto the next interesting and hopefully more impactful topic.

In short, I don’t see why each dev discussion must go on for a month when the results have been passed on to the team after 2 weeks. If a topic is still hot and the devs haven’t reached a conclusion, sure leave it up for the full month.

Comments

  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Founder
    The Dev Discussions aren't just something that Intrepid puts out for us to blabber about. They take notes and study them to understand what design decisions they want to make.

    I am sure they will put out the new Dev Discussion when they are ready for it. We don't need to tell the developers what development schedules and plans they need to make.

    Just be patient.
  • Probably so they can catch up with the rest of their work after dealing with the discussion results. They've other work to do, too.
    Daveywavey-member.png
  • VmanGman wrote: »
    The Dev Discussions aren't just something that Intrepid puts out for us to blabber about. They take notes and study them to understand what design decisions they want to make.

    I am sure they will put out the new Dev Discussion when they are ready for it. We don't need to tell the developers what development schedules and plans they need to make.

    Just be patient.

    Well, being vocal about wanting more info if a company is blue balling for months on end isn't a bad thing, but Intrepid is not doing that so until they do I think we can chill. Monthly updates with constant responses on discord and the forums is extremely nice to have compared to many of the other game developers out there.
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Founder
    Sathrago wrote: »
    VmanGman wrote: »
    The Dev Discussions aren't just something that Intrepid puts out for us to blabber about. They take notes and study them to understand what design decisions they want to make.

    I am sure they will put out the new Dev Discussion when they are ready for it. We don't need to tell the developers what development schedules and plans they need to make.

    Just be patient.

    Well, being vocal about wanting more info if a company is blue balling for months on end isn't a bad thing, but Intrepid is not doing that so until they do I think we can chill. Monthly updates with constant responses on discord and the forums is extremely nice to have compared to many of the other game developers out there.

    Well, they're not doing that so my point still stands. Let the developers do their work and be patient.
  • CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited February 2
    I find it funny that people have completely ignored what I said about the next Dev discussion already being thought of and announced. It isn’t about “putting things out to blabber about” or being impatient for the sake of impatience. There’s absolutely no reason to not start it since they know what it is, and the current one has served the purpose.
    Have them overlap if there’s a reason to keep the old, completed one up.
  • I'd be happy to start the next dev discussion now. However, out of consideration and respect for Lt. Toast and the team, I wouldn't want to harass Intrepid into starting it before they are ready. I'm sure that they all have plenty of genuine tasks that eat up their time that we have zero visibility of.
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Founder
    Cypher wrote: »
    I find it funny that people have completely ignored what I said about the next Dev discussion already being thought of and announced. It isn’t about “putting things out to blabber about” or being impatient for the sake of impatience. There’s absolutely no reason to not start it since they know what it is, and the current one has served the purpose.
    Have them overlap if there’s a reason to keep the old, completed one up.

    Because they might have a system and schedule for how they do things. It will come when it comes and you will have plenty of time to give your feedback. It just seems so unnecessary to add such trivial requests and concerns on the developers' plates when the whole situation could be resolved by you being more patient and letting the developers do their thing.

    We don't know all that is going on on the inside. Be patient.
  • Nobody has said anything that I disagree with, it's just a question of perspective and patience, I think.
  • VmanGman wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    VmanGman wrote: »
    The Dev Discussions aren't just something that Intrepid puts out for us to blabber about. They take notes and study them to understand what design decisions they want to make.

    I am sure they will put out the new Dev Discussion when they are ready for it. We don't need to tell the developers what development schedules and plans they need to make.

    Just be patient.

    Well, being vocal about wanting more info if a company is blue balling for months on end isn't a bad thing, but Intrepid is not doing that so until they do I think we can chill. Monthly updates with constant responses on discord and the forums is extremely nice to have compared to many of the other game developers out there.

    Well, they're not doing that so my point still stands. Let the developers do their work and be patient.

    thats... Yes. I was agreeing with you.
  • Hiya everyone - figured I'd jump in to share a little more insight on our Dev Discussion topics here! At the beginning of each year, we work directly with the design team to come up with a selection of 12 questions related to what they're focusing on, so we can bring you a fresh topic on a monthly basis. As the majority of the responses to each thread are typically posted within the first week of the topic going live, results and feedback are gathered after that initial window - though folks who don't check the forums or social media as often are still welcome to post afterwards and make their voice heard :wink:

    As a side note, none of these questions or the responses you provide are "trivial" by any means - they are all tied directly to topics that our design team is looking for your feedback on based on what they're currently planning and testing for :smiley:

    I totally appreciate the love for wanting to see more frequent topics along these lines, and I would definitely recommend staying tuned to see what other new forum ideas we're bringing to the table this year! <3

    I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer in the meantime!
    3ztrsitvhj3s.gif
This discussion has been closed.