Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Made You Buy a Game?

JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Games offer a variety of different features, but many times people might find themselves drawn in by one very small or specific moment.

What was the random/small something that tipped the scales in favor of you purchasing a game?

An example from me was when I was listening to random video game music on YouTube and “A Beautiful Song” came on. I knew about Nier Automata and had heard all the positive reviews, but it didn’t seem like my kind of thing. About a year and a half later, the song came on again when I was driving. When the song finished, I realized I had memorized the entire song (of this made-up language) because I was singing along to it. So, I said, “hey…maybe I should give this game a shot” and bought it when I got home.

Just another fun thread to kick the ball around in!

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hear about a game, I fantasise about a game and I then buy the game. If I can't fantasise about a game, I forget the game and don't buy the game. I find I can fantasies the most with MMORPGs. I played regular RPGs when I was younger but as I've grown older I'm only interested in MMORPGs and RTS Games. The RTS Franchise I would buy without question has changed too much across the years so I've haven't bought an RTS Game for many months.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    The people in my head keep telling me to find a digital world where I can nom nom crunchy face.

But really though, I buy a lot of games. We’re all just looking for that great PvP fix in a world that hasn’t grown complacent and stale by riding the laurels of its past success, or corrupted and greedy with claws that reach deep into pockets to sell its players a competitive advantage.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Saw the kickstarter and something just clicked for me after reading about the game and seeing the early videos of it.