Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Eight: Diverging Paths

jta8-1920x1080.jpg

Our fighter catches up with the enemy rogue, frightening him into dropping our precious prize! We continue on, hoping to find answers about the jewel’s mysterious origin.

Coming to a fork in the road, we spy the distant rooftops of two villages, one down each path. We see a small group of traders off to our left, and an assembly of scholars heading to the right.

Which path do we choose?

👛 Left to the economic village
📚 Right to the scientific village
community_management.gif

Chapter Eight: Diverging Paths 133 votes

👛 Left to the economic village
24% 33 votes
📚 Right to the scientific village
75% 100 votes

Comments

• SillyRabbitSillyRabbit Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    FOR SCIENCE!! :)
  • Lasers please
  • palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What have history taught us? Scientific knowledge and advancement will lead to faster growth and better understanding of the world. We can focus on making money later.
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yay we're back! Tough choice this one though.....
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    Yay we're back! Tough choice this one though.....

We are SO excited to be back! <3 Tough choice indeed...do we hope that the world-wise traders amongst the economic village can help identify our jewel, or would the smarty-pants scholars of the scientific village know more? 🤔
    community_management.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The sientific village will tell us what the gemstone really is.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • can we build the scientific node to a metropolis and try the fast travel? xD
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would consider the gem to be priceless and wouldn't want to haggle with Economic Merchants. I'd head to the Scientists.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited February 2021
    Woooooo! Chapter 8!

And I've got mah gemmy back!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • For knowledge! We must unlock the secrets of the essence!!
  • See running away with our gem wasn't a trap... they had every right to be scared and drop it ... :D Science!!! if it's not anything special we can always sell it later. Traders would try to undercut the price anyway if they knew it was something magical without telling us anything... "Yah , That's just a gem... Not very good quality either btw..." Something to that effect. And also I agree YAY We're Back!!!! However i'm sure LT. Toast has been Very Very Busy with A1. Keep up the good work... :)
  • VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited February 2021
    What's the name of that trader's village's main street?
    Somehow I have a feeling that it's called "Wall Street"...

Nah, I don't trust them. To Science plz.

Btw, our fighter did not FINISH the enemy rogue? Awwwwwwww, "blood of thy enemy" could've been the secret to triggering the hidden effects of our precious mysterious gem!
  • We going right bois
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Scholarly pursuits.
  • Btw, our fighter did not FINISH the enemy rogue? Awwwwwwww, "blood of thy enemy" could've been the secret to triggering the hidden effects of our precious mysterious gem!

This party seems to be suffering from a deplorable lack of bloodlust!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Let's see what the scienticts are going to say, it can lead us to a great mystery?!
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We could sell the gem and forget the details...

Or we could find out what this gem really is - and then value it properly (or use it properly)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chances are the scholars will be able to tell you about jewel.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• 3rd option. Name the gem and become its surrogate father/mother.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • jokes aside for this one, if we searching for answers, scholars is the most logical this time
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • DezzRevasDezzRevas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Science
  • The scholars will most likely be our best bet to determine what heinous and dastardly curse this jewel has.

The Traders will likely try to scam us, out of our jewel, our gold and our pants.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL