Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Shol's Journal - the unofficial Ashes of Creation discord bot

AaxcAaxc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hello,
I've been following Ashes of Creation for a while now and decided to make my own life easier by making a quick discord bot to receive all the news in one place and decided to share with you guys.

Shol's Journal
shol-help.jpg

As the description already tells you, you can use it to subscribe to various Ashes of Creation newsletters.
Currently, I am gathering info from Twitter accounts (@AshesofCreation, @AoCApicalypse, and @AoCSupport), Offical Twitch and AoC Employee posts from official forums as well as news from the website.

The bot is easy to set up:
- Go to the official site https://top.gg/bot/799324227147792424 (top approved) and invite it to your sever
- As an administrator, choose a channel you want the news to be published
- Set up a subscription (or remove/move one) by typing !sj and your desired subscription type (twitter, twitch, news, forums)

That's it. Now just wait for AoC employees to post something and in no time the channel will look like this:
shol-journal.jpg

To see what subscriptions your server has and what channels are they assigned to, just type: `!sj info`
shol-info.jpg

This bot is a work in progress and I plan to add also in-game events like daily logins, node growth/info, leader-board changes or whatever the game will bring us.

Have fun guys

PS: I already have an officially verified discord bot for Elder Scrolls and will put this for verification as well if it hits the minimum required 75 guilds ;)

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2021
    Hi Aaxc

This looks great, however one thing I would do is differentiate between moderator and Intrepid staff forum posts (moderators are NOT Intrepid employees after all). I doubt many people would be interested in seeing all the forum posts I put up on a daily basis.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AaxcAaxc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You'd be surprised :)
    But thanks, I will probably split moderators from staff posts