Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server First Announcements

CaliberCaliber Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Will server first raids be announced on the servers? Will this also apply to server first level 50 or guild castle siege? I have a suggestion to make smaller server first announcements as well. Like server first death or similar. There could be a permanent gravestone with the players name where they died. There could also be titles for the server firsts. Have the devs discussed any of this or what are their thoughts?
2L6Sidx.png

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2021
    Whatever they are I hope we get an option to turn them off or redirect to chatbox.

I don't care if you got killed by noob123 or if you enchanted an item or if you kill a raidboss. I really don't
  • Options
    I never did figure out how to turn that stuff off in BDO, was really annoying.
  • Options
    xydrassialxydrassial Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kinda like everquest 2? They had a whole website on server and world first everything right? From most deaths to each items purchased/found/crafted in game ect. But not announced in game I don't think :/
  • Options
    CaliberCaliber Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Whatever they are I hope we get an option to turn them off or redirect to chatbox.

I don't care if you got killed by noob123 or if you enchanted an item or if you kill a raidboss. I really don't

I dont really care about anybody elses small server first like that either. I do think it would be cool to have special titles or rewards from doing it though. So maybe not make an announcement of it. And it doesnt have to be for everything.
    2L6Sidx.png
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Swipar wrote: »
    Kinda like everquest 2? They had a whole website on server and world first everything right? From most deaths to each items purchased/found/crafted in game ect. But not announced in game I don't think :/

I played a few games that had website stats for different raids based on first clear and timed cleared, but it was done by guild's rather than players. As much of the content, like raids, wouldn't be solo it might be a touch hard to track who would/wouldn't be counted in the "first" of something if it isn't instanced so not sure about titles and such as the "I should've gotten-" and "they didn't do anything-" would come up frequently in open world stuff.
    Stuff like levels, or first node (name) to reach metropolis, first guild to claim a castle, etc etc might be easier.

But...I do like looking at lists...and data...and charts...so...it'd be cool....if they did some stuff...ya know.... :smile:
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I don't much care about small things like this either.

However, a guild taking over a castle or a node being successfully sieged are important enough events that I think a server wide message is appropriate for them.

I also like the idea of maintaining a record of some things for each server, akin to what EQ2 did/does.

Back in the day you used to be able to look up any item in the game, and see who was the first to discover it on any server, or in the entire game (I had more than a few world wide discoveries myself). You also used to be able to look up which mob had killed the most player characters for the previous week - which was always fun.

Things like that are fairly easy to do if Intrepid maintain the serverside logs that they are likely to maintain, and they can be a fun way to connect with the game at times where you are not able to log in to it at all. So, I personally like that kind of thing.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want to rely on word of mouth for that type of information. It just makes the game more social that way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I want to rely on word of mouth for that type of information. It just makes the game more social that way.

True.
    As if when Castle X is taken, players won't flood the chats with "gz" or flame and hate.
    The only important announcement is Server going down in 30mins for scheduled maintenance.
  • Options
    Can they not? I hate obnoxious stuff like that. Literally adds nothing to the game.
  • Options
    I think only like raid achievement, someone who just got elected as the mayor, should get highlighted. Things like who just take over a castle most likely gonna be shown on the map, although i think it would be nice if you could only see some type of information based on how close you are to the node. Or we could have like trader npcs roaming and you could ask about different news where they came from.
  • Options
    Major of Metros
    New Kings of Csstles
    Cities reaching Metro

stuff like that, yes

raidkills, enchantment successes and rare loot drops? no
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited February 2021
    Server-wide messages aren't necessary in my opinion, I would rather have bulletin boards at taverns for example that update based on certain events. It could share when a castle was conquered, etc. The server first for raids, death, kill, etc. I just useless information in my opinion.

In the end, since the world is so massive word of mouth should really be the main source of info.
    The only thing I want to see as a server message = maintenance time :open_mouth:

• Options
    Mennis wrote: »
    I think only like raid achievement, someone who just got elected as the mayor, should get highlighted. Things like who just take over a castle most likely gonna be shown on the map, although i think it would be nice if you could only see some type of information based on how close you are to the node. Or we could have like trader npcs roaming and you could ask about different news where they came from.

Trader NPCs would probably be good. They could just roam around and mention something like "Did you hear of soandso node falling? Its a sad day for [insert main race of city here]"
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2021
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Achievements When looking for answers, always hit the wiki first. Basically if Intrepid has said it, it is there.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Frostshot wrote: »
    I never did figure out how to turn that stuff off in BDO, was really annoying.

You can change them in BDO, you just can't eradicate them in the entirety, you can thin them quite substantially though through the in-game options. It became much worse when they merged the servers together and allowed server swaps every few minutes. I wouldn't recommend BDO though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I haven't played BDO in quite some time. I think I got an archer to level 50 and then lost interest.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

My reason for thinking it is a good idea to make things like node sieges (specifically for metropolis level nodes) and castle sieges is because they may well impact thousands of players.

While it is all well and good to say it is better to get this information via word of mouth, that is not the way everyone plays MMO's.

You do, I do, but not everyone does. Some people (especially families with children that play together, in my experience) turn off all forms of chat other that group and guild. To me, these people still play the game in a valid way, even if not the way you or I would play the game. As such, I am of the opinion that they should get notifications of things that could impact them, such as major changes in node or castle state.

Any such notification should be able to be turned off for those that don't want them, but I do personally believe that there should be the option to get them for people that have specific desire for them - though again, only for things that could actually impact them directly.

When you listen to their reason for having server wide announcments for siege declarations, the reasoning holds true for announcing the results of those sieges, imo.
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    I think it would be neat for some events. There needs to be a way to mute it though. I also don't think it should announce like boss kills.
  • Options
    I hop there will be no "server first" achievements or anything like it in the game. It just supports a playstyle of having to be online 24/7, not sleeping, to just do those achievements.

What I feel would be okay is a serverwide-announcement-message when a group does a server-first, that would be fine.
  • Options
    I think it would be cool to have all of this information available at every bulletin located at taverns or similar locations. That way it’s there for anyone who is interested while satisfying those wanting immersion without having to go offline to find out these bits of information associated ONLY to their server.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We won't have Global Chat most likely, Global Alerts shouldn't exist in the same vein.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    We won't have Global Chat most likely

That'd be the first thing to be turned off.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Hiya! Looks like some other folks might have already pointed you in the right direction above - you can check out more on what we've discussed as possibilities for server-wide announcements on the helpful community-run wiki here. In addition, we aim to give players lots of ways to show off with things like achievements and the trophy park.

Personally I am all about flexibility and customizability, so I do also hope to see various options for hiding and displaying all manner of chat and announcements :smiley:
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    This remembers me the anime "Quanzhi Gaoshou" where there were announcements of players who beat record time in a dungeon. This would be like a temporary achievement until another group beats your time. Would only work for instanced content though.