Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Development Staff NCP Cameo`s

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Is the team considering immortalizing members of the development team as NPC cameo`s in game?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I personally hope not.

If I were developing an MMO right now, I'd be more interested in having a Brad McQuaid NPC than any of the staff.

That said, if it is done well, we wouldn't really notice.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wouldn't mind, personally - especially if they keep it in one place and break the fourth wall as a joke.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was thinking more along the lines of Kingdom Come Deliverance, where some of the NPC`s were (and happy to be wrong) stylized versions of some key people involved in the game but character design was in keeping with the game style and if you had not known you would never know.

There were stylized portraits in some buildings that were a part of their Kickstarter package for high end backers to be immortalized in the game..
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I tend to like things like things. But items too, something like "Mark of Kern" comes to mind.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If Steven isn't a raid boss in some form I'll be very disappointed haha
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of Kingdom Come Deliverance, where some of the NPC`s were (and happy to be wrong) stylized versions of some key people involved in the game but character design was in keeping with the game style and if you had not known you would never know.

There were stylized portraits in some buildings that were a part of their Kickstarter package for high end backers to be immortalized in the game..

This is what I assumed you were talking about, but I would still rather other people than people working on the game.

This would be true if I were working on the game.

I personally think Intrepid should make a rule that there will be no depicition of any real person in game while the subject is alive.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »

I personally think Intrepid should make a rule that there will be no depicition of any real person in game while the subject is alive.

I think they should make no rule either way. We already had one crazy threaten self-harm a couple years back over at what was that time a temporary ban. I you tell them that if they die, they have a shot at being immortalized in game, you are going to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    I prefer in-game references to other things, like in Skyrim where they had a character called Temba Wide-Arm, which was clearly a nod to the TNG (Star Trek) episode "Darmok". If it means nothing to you, then it doesn't affect you at all, but if you recognise it, you get a little chuckle.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If Steven isn't a raid boss in some form I'll be very disappointed haha

I bet his sandals would be 1hko
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

I think they should make no rule either way. We already had one crazy threaten self-harm a couple years back over at what was that time a temporary ban. I you tell them that if they die, they have a shot at being immortalized in game, you are going to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

They don't need to - and in my opinion should not - make such policy public.