Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Climbing Mounts

RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Will there be climbing mounts?

I picture something like a giant lizard or spider mount capable of climbing cliffs and even clinging to ceiling in caverns in the underground zones. ARK has a few creatures that do this, and it's a fun way to travel around the map without flying everywhere and could be used for tactical purposes.
"Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sounds cool but I think it causes a similar issue to flying mounts which causes people to lose the sense of exploration because they can take the quick way over certain areas. Also the last thing I want to deal with is a giant spider waiting in ambush in a dark cave haha.
  • Options
    I don't really agree there Gentle.

Climbing mounts add the exploration of different areas you would normally not access. Flying Mounts just stop exploration all together.
    This does however mean, that Intrepid would have to fill this climbable areas with content worth exploring, which is the primary bottleneck i think, especially pre-release.
    I'd rather see them implement it with an update, but properly post launch, rather than a hasty solution pre-launch.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Or maybe a... Snail?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Or maybe a... Snail?

Volcano Snail!
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • Options
    HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Or maybe a... Snail?

Or maybe a... Snorse? u2lm2olc0cf51.png
  • Options
    If they don't add climbing mounts I'll just bunny hop over mountains.