Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighters Corner

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
Will you main a Fighter?
What weapon would you like to use?
Heavy and tanky?
Leather and quicky?

What does a Fighter mean to you and what abilities do you hope to see?

What were your favourite 'fighter' playstyles you have seen? (Not only from mmos)

Comments

• Options
    Will you main a Fighter?
    Heavy and tanky?
    Leather and quicky?

What were your favourite 'fighter' playstyles you have seen? (Not only from mmos)

-Not main, but I like the class.
    -Axe's
    -No to much heavy, I mean a cool looking armor is great but if I want a heavy armor I just play tank.
    - Leather like barbarian style? Yes looks cool but I prefer more heavy, not too much much like a tank but not just parts of leather neither.

- A big tall muscle warrior with a big big big weapon, a good armor and a certain amount of rage
  • Options
    The thread I have been waiting for... =)
    • Dual wield, sword/sword.
    • Heavy armor so I can try to solo something challenging.
    • I absolutely, absolutely, want to be able to move and fight at the same time. I like all skills to work while I'm moving. I can compromise on perhaps a bow shot or some kind of heal, but no compromise on any melee attack. Even the most powerful melee attack *must* work while moving.
    • I like to have a powerful aoe, but a powerful single attack is the most important to me. Because of this, thief is a bit interesting, but I hate sneaking. I want to move fast.
    • I don't really like a knockdown style, seems a bit boring. I like to keep moving. I hope there's some positional aspects to the fighter's attacks.

• Options
    MushinMushin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2021
    Shield/one hand (sword or hammer), two hand sword, spear
    for ranged a bow

Armor is a mix of heavy, mail and leather giving the option of defense and or mobility.

For some reason when I think of weapon combat on a purely fight perspective I think of Soul Caliber.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will you main a Fighter?
    • Definitely, I've always preferred DPS classes.
    • I've always really liked sword/sword, hammers, polearms/lances.
    Heavy and tanky?
    Leather and quicky?
    • Both? I like being able to take a hit but also being mobile.

What were your favorite 'fighter' playstyles you have seen? (Not only from mmos)
    • In WoW I loved playing an Unholy DK because of Death Grip and able to take damage. In GW2 I mained a Mesmer double swords and being able to portal around was very nice. I also enjoyed Seong Mina's playstyle in Soul Calibur which is what started my interest in spear type weapons.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    McMackMuckMcMackMuck Member
    edited February 2021
    I think a "Barbarian" or "Berserker" build for fighter could be interesting. Just make heavy armour deal self damage per second for the wildly high DPS abilities, like "Rage" as a trade off for sick DPS.

This opens up options like Conan, Red Sonja, Warhammer Dwarf Troll slayers, Elven Wardancers, etc.

You could even add tattoos as a form of cosmetic for Celtic/Pictish armour.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited February 2021
    Ideally I want to create something close to a Final Fantasy Dragoon

Will you main a Fighter?
    - Currently leaning yes

- I'm thinking polearms like spear, glaive or halberd

Heavy and tanky? Leather and quicky?
    - Ideally medium to heavy armor but with added mobility thanks to secondary augment archetype

- To me it means a melee dps monster. One that, while being able to access magic, finds the power from honing his skills to such a high degree that he becomes almost magical
    - I would like to get skills that amplify temporarily my DPS. Skills that allow to cause damage while getting me out of range from my enemies and some other form of gap closer.

- I am the self professed Final Fantasy Dragoon fanboy. So in FFXIV that has always been my main
    - More gritty versions include things like Berserk
    - The Fighter class in Dragon's Dogma
    - And the following videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBXbJd80a0&t=242s&ab_channel=AdoreaOlomouc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vYFFx4whoE&t=681s&ab_channel=AdoreaOlomouc
    Sig-ult-2.png