Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

multi account

Greetings to all!!!

I have been reading several threads about multi accounts and I still have questions to clarify. I apologize if these questions have already been answered but I have not found them.

First of all, I am in favor of multi-accounts. I think it enriches the diversity of characters that will be on the server. And that will help a lot when it comes to the economy and even more so for small clans to have characters necessary for depending on what type of action is required. Both go on raids, in a group to collect, clan wars, etc.
But now, how does the multi-account issue work?

I put the example of L2, I had two accounts with different characters, if I wanted to earn money, as easy as taking the magician in front and the doper / curator behind, two accounts open with the two screens resized to be able to see them at the same time. It's a bit of a hassle, but in the end you manage.

The same if I was going to collect materials to make armor. On one account the dwarf and on the other the healer.

However. It is one thing to have two accounts open on the same computer. Paying only one subscription. But, can you put two accounts, on two different computers, within the same home network, paying only one subscription? That is, one account per computer.

Because it is not the same, that a single person uses two accounts, that two people each use an account on two computers, with a single fee.

Because, paying 15 euros a month for an account for me is ok, but paying 30 euros for me and my partner ... well, maybe it is starting to hurt me more economically and if my daughter wants to play, it would already be 45. Can I assume it ? Yes, am I going to pay it? Not because in my case, I can pay it but my economy would start to suffer (what can I do, one that is poor).

Therefore:

Multi-account? Yes or no?

On a single computer? Or in several? With a single subscription?

Greetings!!!

sorry, use translator.

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface#Multi-boxing

As long as you are controlling the characters manually you can.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    "The current policy on multi-boxing (multi client) is that players are allowed to own multiple accounts, but may not launch multiple game clients from the same computer. Players may not use any software to automate character actions or mimic keystrokes."
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface#Multi-boxing

As long as you are controlling the characters manually you can.

As much as I read it, I still don't have it clear. :s
  • Options
    Gannito wrote: »
    However. It is one thing to have two accounts open on the same computer. Paying only one subscription. But, can you put two accounts, on two different computers, within the same home network, paying only one subscription? That is, one account per computer.

Because it is not the same, that a single person uses two accounts, that two people each use an account on two computers, with a single fee.

Because, paying 15 euros a month for an account for me is ok, but paying 30 euros for me and my partner ... well, maybe it is starting to hurt me more economically and if my daughter wants to play, it would already be 45. Can I assume it ?

Each account will likely need its own subscription. There's no way of confirming that it's actually you playing on both accounts, so if they were to allow it "just in case you're playing two accounts on separate machines", you could easily just pretend it's you playing when it's actually your wife playing with you.

Why would you expect the subscription to be house-based, rather than user-based?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Each account will likely need its own subscription. There's no way of confirming that it's actually you playing on both accounts, so if they were to allow it "just in case you're playing two accounts on separate machines", you could easily just pretend it's you playing when it's actually your wife playing with you.

Why would you expect the subscription to be house-based, rather than user-based?

I fully understand that an account = a subscription.

But let it be clear so that later there are no scares. Because if by IP, it can be shown that the two open accounts are from the same local network, well, exactly, I would be playing in one and my daughter / wife in the other.

So to know if it will be possible or not and see how many subscriptions I will have to pay.

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's almost certainly going to be one subscription per account. So 2x$15 = $30 per month for two accounts. The IP doesn't really matter for this.