Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Auctioning/trading mounts and the third party greed it produces.

2»

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Of course there will always be some people attempting to RMT anything. It is a constant cat and mouse game between MMOs, and people who RMT.

Ashes opens itself up to potentially more RMT due to the fact that almost nothing is soul bound. A popular game where this is true is a dream for those who make their living off of RMT. Normally they can only worry about selling power level services or currency, but now every item in the game will get a real world value to them. Intrepid knows this and has stated that they will be fighting it.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems
    There are few details about what exactly Intrepid will have going on in the back end to fight RMT and cheating. To be honest the less anyone outside of Intrepid knows the better. We just have to hope they have some sort of 5D chess solutions and tools.

The no box cost also helps RMT. If it is profitable with a sub fee and a box cost, surely it will be worth their time with no box cost, and just a sub fee. What we can do as players is to report all RMT as we see it.

Something we have going for us in this fight is just who chaotic the world of Ashes will be. The constant changes from the node system will make botting unpredictable and require constant supervision. In addition we can always kill botters on site.

It is not out of the question that we see a coordinated guild like Gallywix* in WOW selling items or gold on the side for real money. If I understand the situation correctly Blizzard knew what they were doing and looked the other way. Same goes for regular botters, blizzard has been lax on them because they bring in extra sub fees. Assuming what I just said about Blizzard is true, we can only hope that Intrepid is not tempted to ruin their game at the cost of some extra sub fees. Thankfully the passion at Intrepid currently shows, while the Blizz Devs always seem demoralized the few times they are allowed to speak in public.

TLDR, If you see someone Botting or RMTing... PK them and report them.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Collecting mounts, pets or achievements has always been a crucial part of MMOs. It just has.

Dang, I guess I've been playing MMOs wrong all these years. I just try to get the best mount, or if the best mounts are situational, I will go for those as well. I don't typically use pets unless they collect items, or are useful in some other way.
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    Was in another discussion and had a thought come to the forefront of my mind, I truly don't know if it's been discussed at all since I'm fairly new. If all mounts that are produced through animal husbandry can be sold on the auction house or traded, if that still applies and from what I understand it does still apply, what is stopping third parties from selling these mounts on their third party sites for real money, farming for them, creating bots for their production, etc. What systems will and can be in place to stop this epidemic from infecting this MMO in particular? Because it's an issue for any mount in any MMO that can be traded and auctioned and it can and absolutely has wrecked other MMO economies. Have any of the Devs touched on this yet or released statements?

So i play Albion online and mounts are tradable and one of the most expansive thing in the game especially exotic and batlle mounts, how they do?

First mounts aren't permanent you can lose them in battle against other players they can become trash or being stolen

Second in husbandry system, for basic mounts horses ox, you need to give them food, that have a cost, you need to craft a saddle here you need to farm leather or wood, higher the tier mount higher tier resources you need, for last, higher tier mount take more time to grow up, last tier of that mount take 25 days to grow up.

Third exoctic mounts are really hard to get you have a small chance to get a cub when killing the respective mob

You need to be in the end lvl of your profession to make them grow up

They need rare items for saddle from dungeons, world bosses etc

When husbandry they have small chances to give another cub..

And don't forget you are in an open world game with pvp will be harder for farm bots to survive, in albion you don't have any because they are instantly killed... Farm bots are easyer in dead worlds or in pve games like wow
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    I dont read all, but I dont See a Problem with Selling stuff for real money. Its the price of freedome that we need to pay if we want a good game. Botter, China Farmer, Hacker ect are Bad things but.. We cant dodge them all.i want to trade with some Items in game ,so you can exploide this System with Selling the stuff for real money.

as a wise man once said

whoever trades freedom for security will not end up having both

Thats my opinion
  • Options
    There are ways for them to combat rmt and botting, but to a degree it will always exist because it can't be tracked reliably 100% of the time and the more stricts rules you impose the more false positives you will have.
    For example, not every trade where 1 receives an item and doesn't give anything in return is faulty and a cause for an RMT flag - maybe i just traded my friend and gave him an item i don't need or i surprised him with a gift of a super rare beast?