Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will mounts have abilities?

MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited March 2021 in Support & FAQ
Initially mounts only served the purpose of increased travel speed and later flight. In World of Warcraft the only other purpose was an added merchant or two. In Everquest, owning a certain mount can grant a bonus buff effect. In Guildwars 2, mounts serve a variety of purposes based around which one you need to gain access to certain areas. They also actually did combat damage, healed and stunned when you jumped off the mount. It was a one time thing per combat.

So, the question remains. Will this game add something more than just movement speed to a mount? It adds to the purpose of collection if the mount can help in certain instances. Increased resistances, merchant access, and even combat bonuses would add a much needed flavor to the mount beyond the "it looks cool" factor. Pets appear to be getting a lot of attention for detail, I am hoping some is being considered for the mount.

Comments

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    As long as the mount ability 'Crotch Kick' is left out of the game, I'll be fine....

• Options
    Huh... I did not know there would be mounted combat. It will be interesting to see how they animate a mount attack considering there are so many mount skins.
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Elo wrote: »
    Huh... I did not know there would be mounted combat. It will be interesting to see how they animate a mount attack considering there are so many mount skins.

I wouldn't call it mounted combat. It's more like mount utility.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Elo wrote: »

A lot of, if not all, the mounts will be creatures that you can find in the world.
  • Options
    CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Bruh this is amazing. Good on you cuz most of us seem to have missed that video lol
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    For every one i advice to check mount system in Albion online is simply the best in terms of husbandry, utility and battle mounts i have done a post in this forum about them

But for a system like that, mounts can't be permanent

https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Mounts
  • Options
    Hi there friend! Looks like someone already shared a helpful link to the community-run wiki above that highlights our plans for mount abilities and stats accordingly!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's any other way we can be of assistance!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.