Caravan's and when they're destroyed

SantanicoSantanico Member, Braver of Worlds
edited February 22 in General Discussion
My question is for anyone that knows is a Caravan put together with parts from a carpentry Profession, with Wheels, Chassis and so on? Also when your mule or whatever mount is leading the caravan if attacked and killed he is permanently dead, which would obviously lead to more sales from the animal husbandry line. If anyone has heard anything to comfirm this I would love to know thanks in advance.

If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill the mule to be able to loot it.[3]

If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player (based on their flagging status)
32caba2c66bb4cfe9d35a466319b09e3.png

Comments

  • I know you get corrupted for killing a mule (last I heard). I can't help with the rest of the query because I haven't come across the information myself yet.
  • SantanicoSantanico Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited February 22
    Neurath wrote: »
    I know you get corrupted for killing a mule (last I heard). I can't help with the rest of the query because I haven't come across the information myself yet.


    So you can attack the caravan without penalty, but if you kill the mount it's corruption. I didn not know that, do you have a resource that shows that by chance?
    32caba2c66bb4cfe9d35a466319b09e3.png
  • NeurathNeurath Member
    edited February 22
    I don't have the reference. I heard it from Unknown. I've often relied on Unknown's Knowledge. @unknownsystemerror might have the reference

    Edit: I refer to Unknown as Unknown due to discord. I've hopefully pinged the right forum Unknown lol.
  • SantanicoSantanico Member, Braver of Worlds
    haha all good, I will try to look into that further, appreciate the response.
    32caba2c66bb4cfe9d35a466319b09e3.png
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited February 23
    Santanico wrote: »
    My question is for anyone that knows is a Caravan put together with parts from a carpentry Profession, with Wheels, Chassis and so on? Also when your mule or whatever mount is leading the caravan if attacked and killed he is permanently dead, which would obviously lead to more sales from the animal husbandry line. If anyone has heard anything to comfirm this I would love to know thanks in advance.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravans#Caravan_components
    I would imagine that caravan mounts are different to our own personal mounts. It reads like that they're part of the cost of building the caravan, so you'll likely have to have extra in addition to your own, which suggests that when the caravan is destroyed, the caravan mounts would be lost.

    Daveywavey-member.png
  • From the same link:
    "Caravan destruction
    If a caravan is destroyed (becomes a wreckage) it will drop a portion of the goods it was transporting.[4][78][79]

    Caravan components may also drop when a caravan is destroyed. These components may be salvageable by the caravan owner or by other players, in the case of high grade components.[80]
    Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.[81][79]
    The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region.[79] – Steven Sharif
    "
    Daveywavey-member.png
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Neurath wrote: »
    I don't have the reference. I heard it from Unknown. I've often relied on Unknown's Knowledge. @unknownsystemerror might have the reference

    Edit: I refer to Unknown as Unknown due to discord. I've hopefully pinged the right forum Unknown lol.

    You had it correct. Caravan destruction does not give corruption because it is a sanctioned pvp activity outside the open world flagging system. When approaching a caravan you are given 3 options, Attack, Defend, or Ignore. Killing someone's mount in the open world is part of the flagging system. If you jack their mule thinking it is a loot pinata, you are in for a surprise. Rather than give you the easy citation, I recommend looking on the Wiki or Ashes101. You might pick up random facts and a greater overview of systems as you root around.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.